Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

My camo'd L96 :D

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  zero 
#1 ·
Painted with 4 different colors of Rust-Oleum camouflage paint. I painted it in pieces because I didn't have good masking tape and was afraid of getting it on the internals.

Here's a link to an album with progress pictures:

And here's the finished project:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Nice work, I'd say just finish up with the scope rings, receiver and the bolt and it would look perfect. Although the black receiver on the camo body looks pretty neat, but in my honest, OCDish opinion, the black scope rings are throwing me off a bit since it doesn't really match the receiver's color. That may just be the lighting though.

#4 ·
I like the contrast with the green and black. My absolute favorite color combination! Gotta admit, if I may critique a bit, the bolt is a bit too shiny. I would rough it up with some sandpaper, spray two coats of Rustoleum on it, drop it in icewater to set the paint and bake it at 350 for 15-20 minutes. That'll get rid of the chance someone will see the shine =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.