VSR Ultimate by Masada - Page 2 - Airsoft Sniper Forum
       

Go Back   Airsoft Sniper Forum > General > Gallery > Project Guns
Like Tree13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #16
Masada   Masada is offline
Young Gun
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 77
Got a Maple Leaf stock today, it fits.



370mm Crazy Jet barrel with the adjustable end cap. If that's not a perfect fit I don't know what is.

mwrose777 and Jbrinker1 like this.
  Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #17
Masada   Masada is offline
Young Gun
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 77
Forgot to show this bit earlier.

I made the bolt handle cutout much tighter than the standard VSR design. What this does is locks the bolt in the exact same spot every time and prevents the bolt from being bumped into a different spot. Basically it makes sure that your bb is in the same spot in the hopup for every single shot.

You can tell from the cutout on the stock how wide it is on normal VSRs compared to what I made it. A stock bolt handles fit fine obviously, and it's a close fit.

I chrono'd the setup that's in there currently and the fps barely deviates. For 3 shots I had 434.6, 434.9, and 434.3 with .36's out of a normal Maple Leaf bucking and a not-so-great piston. No teflon tape or other sealing mods have been made.



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:38 PM   #18
Advanced Sniper
 
Corriander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Louisiana, US
Posts: 822
If you get to the point of production I’ll throw in for 3+ if it’s at a ~$300-$350 price point.
__________________
Beware the tactical kitty ears
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #19
Masada   Masada is offline
Young Gun
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corriander View Post
If you get to the point of production Iíll throw in for 3+ if itís at a ~$300-$350 price point.
I think there has been enough interest that I can do at least one small run. Working on pricing for everything now, so if anyone has opinions on what specific pieces they are interested in or any changes/modifications to the current designs now is the time to speak up.

Currently I am looking at having these pieces made:
-Receiver
-PTFE sleeve set
-Rail
-Adjustable end cap set
-A basic threaded end cap

For the receiver I am planning to add 2 more holes. One right behind the hop up chamber to easily allow misfed bbs to drop out (standard on Marui designs) plus a hole for HPA systems. On this subject, if anyone has an HPA system installed in their Marui/clone I need measurements for where to put the air line hole. Preferably center-to-center in relation to the front trigger group screw.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:47 AM   #20
Sodium   Sodium is offline
Jr. Sniper
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 122
I dont know if the rail is necessary. Is there any difference between your rail and a rails ordered online? I ask because I, and most others probably have one, and not having that made would likely reduce the cost. A custom rail is probably a lot more expensive than what can be ordered on evike.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:14 AM   #21
Masada   Masada is offline
Young Gun
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodium View Post
I dont know if the rail is necessary. Is there any difference between your rail and a rails ordered online? I ask because I, and most others probably have one, and not having that made would likely reduce the cost. A custom rail is probably a lot more expensive than what can be ordered on evike.
Functionally there is no difference. The main benefit to to these is just fit and finish. Dimensionally they match this receiver plus they will have the same finish. I can guarantee that the rail will be more than most options on evike, though it was less than I expected honestly.

Having said that, it is not something that will come with all receivers. Like you said, most people don't necessarily need them and it adds cost. It will be available to add on though.


For reference, the "base" set will come with the receiver, PTFE sleeves, and a 3D printed end cap. I have not yet figured out if adding an aluminum end cap with every receiver is doable, but that will obviously add cost. I can 3D print things for basically nothing, so adding a printed end cap isn't an issue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:33 PM   #22
Masada   Masada is offline
Young Gun
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 77
Well I have pricing back for all the bits and it looks like I'll meet the goal of low 300's for the receiver and sleeve set. I will probably set it up as a "normal" price plus a "volume" price. Basically, if enough pieces are made I can cut the price for everyone.

I'll post up all the info hopefully sometime this week. I'll be at OP:Starburst in a couple weeks to run the prototypes through their paces. Hopefully I'll find any more bugs/changes that need to be made, then I can design lock and start actually producing stuff.

On another note, I got my LRB chamber working. No barrel bend or hop up bucking and I'm generating substantial amounts of backspin (ie. a REAL Sheriff-style LRB).
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #23
Advanced Sniper
 
Corriander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Louisiana, US
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
I'll be at OP:Starburst in a couple weeks to run the prototypes through their paces.
I’ll be there as well. Just find the green technical (Tacoma with a mounted M249) and ask for me.
__________________
Beware the tactical kitty ears
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:54 PM   #24
Masada   Masada is offline
Young Gun
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 77
If ya'll can't tell, I really like the Maple Leaf stocks.


*That extra long inner barrel is just for testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corriander View Post
Iíll be there as well. Just find the green technical (Tacoma with a mounted M249) and ask for me.
Will do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:58 PM   #25
Masada   Masada is offline
Young Gun
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 77
Learned some things today testing in colder weather. I had the sleeves slip out on one of the guns since it lost some of it's press fit in the cold. This only happened on the first prototype because I used slightly shorter screws for the rail. The second gun uses screws that protrude just slightly into the receiver, grabbing the sleeves and holding them in place. If you plan on using your own rail, just be sure that your screws protrude in the receiver by like 1mm. That way it will grab the sleeve without deforming it. Between the two guns I probably shot 500 rounds through them today and that was the only issue.

The gun in the black stock shot especially well today. Different configs in both, but the black one is a ML CJ + deception rubber in combination with a slight downward bend in the barrel using my adjustable end cap and rigid barrel spacers. It's not balanced correctly for ceramics unfortunately so it actually loses energy going to the heavy stuff. Even still, I was hitting 142 yards reliably. That's at 3.1 joules with a .66g and a ton of holdover.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:55 PM   #26
Young Gun
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Learned some things today testing in colder weather. I had the sleeves slip out on one of the guns since it lost some of it's press fit in the cold. This only happened on the first prototype because I used slightly shorter screws for the rail. The second gun uses screws that protrude just slightly into the receiver, grabbing the sleeves and holding them in place. If you plan on using your own rail, just be sure that your screws protrude in the receiver by like 1mm. That way it will grab the sleeve without deforming it. Between the two guns I probably shot 500 rounds through them today and that was the only issue.

The gun in the black stock shot especially well today. Different configs in both, but the black one is a ML CJ + deception rubber in combination with a slight downward bend in the barrel using my adjustable end cap and rigid barrel spacers. It's not balanced correctly for ceramics unfortunately so it actually loses energy going to the heavy stuff. Even still, I was hitting 142 yards reliably. That's at 3.1 joules with a .66g and a ton of holdover.

Did I read correctly 142 YARDS??? What is your fps and what are your groupings???
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #27
Sodium   Sodium is offline
Jr. Sniper
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMP Airsoft View Post
Did I read correctly 142 YARDS??? What is your fps and what are your groupings???
3.1 joules with .66g bbs. The bbs were ceramic, which are MUCH more consistent and also wayyy more expensive. For pricing look into 6mm or 5.94mm ceramic ball bearings
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #28
Masada   Masada is offline
Young Gun
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMP Airsoft View Post
Did I read correctly 142 YARDS??? What is your fps and what are your groupings???
To be fair, I was reliably hitting a decent sized tree trunk so larger than a man sized target. Windage deviation was pretty on point though, elevation was a bit harder to judge. I couldn't easily do anything more than 142 yards so I didn't try for much more.

As Sodium said, ceramic .66s at 3.1 joules. The rifle chronos at 3.5 joules with .32s, so just under the OP:Starburst limit. The benefit from ceramics is pretty substantial, but it takes a lot of effort to hop them well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:13 PM   #29
Experienced Sniper
 
Dimitri MdP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mar del Plata, Argentina
Posts: 1,393
130 meters? If real, that's got to be a world record, unless you were shooting downhill. Don't want to be rude, but that doesn't sound remotely possible.
AccurateDMD likes this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:53 PM   #30
Masada   Masada is offline
Young Gun
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri MdP View Post
130 meters? If real, that's got to be a world record, unless you were shooting downhill. Don't want to be rude, but that doesn't sound remotely possible.
Definitely not a record nor am I the first to do it. People have gotten confirmed kills in game past 150 yards and I can't claim anything close to that... yet. I might have the record for furthest hit on a dumpster though (172 yards, Crimebuster, not field legal).

I've even posted video of me shooting 145 yards out of a VSR on here too.

Most of it is the ceramics, next it's just rigidity in your setup for consistency, and finally it's willingness to use lots of holdover.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.