Airsoft Fields in Wisconsin? - Airsoft Sniper Forum
       

Go Back   Airsoft Sniper Forum > General > The Lounge
The Lounge Off-topic chat. Speak your mind!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Plazmaburn
  • 1 Post By SniperPenguin
  • 1 Post By Reaper08
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2017, 06:35 PM   #1
Jr. Sniper
 
StealthFundip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 274
Question Airsoft Fields in Wisconsin?

Hey everyone, long time airsofter here, done with college and ready to get back into airsoft!!

Sadly, a large amount of my old airsoft friends have moved away or have gotten out of the sport. I live in central Wisconsin, so any field I find on Google is at least a 90 minute drive away. I was wondering if anyone in the area has recommendations for fields, since I don't want to drive to one and find out they have a horrible player base/refs/etc. Let me hear it from you guys!

It's good to be back
__________________
"...the most important ingredient of any operation is good clear thinking on the part of the countersniper. There is no substitute for good common sense."
~US Army Countersniper Guide

CSI VSR10 GSPEC
One broke AF Marushin Five-seveN
  Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
 
Plazmaburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,485
Send a message via Skype™ to Plazmaburn
Welcome back!
StealthFundip likes this.
__________________
Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, and notice more than you realize.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:19 PM   #3
Advanced Sniper
 
SniperPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 538
Twin Cities is a good place. Hope to see you there!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-17-2017, 10:18 PM   #4
Jr. Sniper
 
StealthFundip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperPenguin View Post
Twin Cities is a good place. Hope to see you there!
Can you expand on this a bit? Is it the players, refs, field layout... I want the nitty gritty details!

And anyone else in the area, pipe up! I want to know all the great places to go in Wisconsin, and I'm not afraid to drive there.
__________________
"...the most important ingredient of any operation is good clear thinking on the part of the countersniper. There is no substitute for good common sense."
~US Army Countersniper Guide

CSI VSR10 GSPEC
One broke AF Marushin Five-seveN
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
Vision   Vision is offline
Jr. Sniper
 
Vision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Lockport, IL
Posts: 177
I haven't been yet, but I plan on trekking up to Black Ops Airsoft in Bristol, within the next couple weeks. I'll get back to you with the details, but from the website it seems like a cool place.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:37 PM   #6
Advanced Sniper
 
SniperPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFundip View Post
Can you expand on this a bit? Is it the players, refs, field layout... I want the nitty gritty details!

And anyone else in the area, pipe up! I want to know all the great places to go in Wisconsin, and I'm not afraid to drive there.
I live in Minnesota, so I can't go there often.
I like the field itself is pretty nice. Got some urban stuff, I'm not a fan of it though. I prefer the forest with a few buildings :P
StealthFundip likes this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #7
Young Gun
 
Reaper08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Northeast Wisconsin
Posts: 4
Twin Cities Airsoft is a great place. Huge fields and now with a brand new expansion it sounds like has had nothing but good reviews. They host Giant Airsoft Games (GAGs) which is similar to a milsim with teams, objectives, and special ops. They are two day events and i've bee to two. Experienced nothing but professionalism and good sportsmanship the whole time. My buddies and I live on the lake, 4 hour drive, we have now made it an annual event. There is another GAG on Oct. 7/8 and I will try to be going to that as well. Good combo of wooded areas and small viggale areas for close and long range players.

Another good outdoor field is Apocalypse airsoft. Only been there once but I was highly impressed with the refs and fields. My buddies and I will be trying to go there this fall as well and maybe even play some snowy games. That field is about 2.5 hours away.

Finally if you get sick of the retarded Wisconsin weather there is a great indoor CQC area in Milwaukee called Airsoft Arena. One of our go to places for cold winter weekends.
StealthFundip likes this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:27 PM   #8
Jr. Sniper
 
StealthFundip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper08 View Post
Twin Cities Airsoft is a great place. Huge fields and now with a brand new expansion it sounds like has had nothing but good reviews. They host Giant Airsoft Games (GAGs) which is similar to a milsim with teams, objectives, and special ops. They are two day events and i've bee to two. Experienced nothing but professionalism and good sportsmanship the whole time. My buddies and I live on the lake, 4 hour drive, we have now made it an annual event. There is another GAG on Oct. 7/8 and I will try to be going to that as well. Good combo of wooded areas and small viggale areas for close and long range players.

Another good outdoor field is Apocalypse airsoft. Only been there once but I was highly impressed with the refs and fields. My buddies and I will be trying to go there this fall as well and maybe even play some snowy games. That field is about 2.5 hours away.

Finally if you get sick of the retarded Wisconsin weather there is a great indoor CQC area in Milwaukee called Airsoft Arena. One of our go to places for cold winter weekends.

Thanks for the review, Reaper! I will definitely try to get to one of those GAGs, they sound just like what I'm looking for.

Still open to other spots, don't be shy!
__________________
"...the most important ingredient of any operation is good clear thinking on the part of the countersniper. There is no substitute for good common sense."
~US Army Countersniper Guide

CSI VSR10 GSPEC
One broke AF Marushin Five-seveN
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fields, wisconsin


Search tags for this page

airsoft events in wisconsin

,

airsoft events wisconsin

,

airsoft groups around central wisconsin

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Ultimate KJW M700 Upgrade Guide bobcat Bolt Action 320 02-10-2020 12:35 AM
Why airsoft guns are not that accurate (long grab some coffee) paulmohr General Sniper Talk 61 05-07-2017 03:39 PM
Airsoft gases and external gas rigs Plazmaburn HPA Systems 42 03-20-2017 08:12 AM
TM AWS Airsoft pro shopping list and general help TehMarchant AWS/AW338 6 12-19-2016 04:22 AM
Jg vsr-10 / bar-10 upgrade bino1337 VSR Rifles 10 10-30-2016 04:53 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.