Rifle bipods. - Airsoft Sniper Forum
       

Go Back   Airsoft Sniper Forum > The Player > Rifles & Parts Reviews
Rifles & Parts Reviews Japan, Taiwan, Chinese, USA made replica rifle reviews

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Jr. Sniper
 
/\/ewton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 231
Rifle bipods.

This is a post of curiosity, in no way is this meant to be offensive!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moving on, I have a question that has plagued me since I first started airsofting.
My standards may be high, but here it goes; why use such weak, and ugly bipods, these in particular (Discontinued) TSD MK96 Bipod by: TSD - Airsoft GI - the largest

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, and yes, I know it comes free with most springers (there is an obvious reason for that), but why have such NICE guns, like Mk.14 EBR's, or highly upgraded L96's, and not have an equally nice bipod?
Even a UTG harris-style bipod is FAR superior to that bipod, and not too expensive, either, they can go for 30 dollars with M1913 mounting styles or the nub style.

So, those of you whom do use that bipod, ask yourself, "Why"?
If I did offend anyone, please feel free to PM me and I will personally forgive you via message.
__________________
The follow-up shot is just important as the lead.
  Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Elfman   Elfman is offline
Advanced Sniper
 
Elfman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 820
1. Some people spend ALL there money on upgrading their guns to there full potential
2. The way i see it, if it does the job it good enough for me
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 238
What's supposed to be so offensive? You mentioned offensive three times?

No i can't stand bi-pods. If i was to be in a fixed position, it would come in handy, but i've never needed one.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Jr. Sniper
 
/\/ewton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 231
Offensive? Some people get insanely mad if you say anything negative about their property.
The thing is, would you like something that barely does the job, or something that can perform excellently every time?
Boosted, bipods are useful for more then just "fixed positions".
__________________
The follow-up shot is just important as the lead.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 238
I much prefer to shoot free hand. Or i just rest the barrel against a tree, etc if i can.

Ha ha about the offensive..but you missed my point bro, you said it 3 times lol. : )
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
Veteran Sniper
 
Masterjuggler98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,892
Send a message via Skype™ to Masterjuggler98
Before I got a harris style bipod, I focused on the internals first. My budget (like a lot of peoples') is really small, so if something works fine like that bipod you linked to, I will use it.

In fact, the only reason I got a harris style bipod was because the stock bipod's locking legs stopped locking when the metal wore down. Every time I moved my rifle when in prone, the legs collapsed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
Jr. Sniper
 
/\/ewton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterjuggler98 View Post
My budget (like a lot of peoples') is really small

In fact, the only reason I got a harris style bipod was because the stock bipod's locking legs stopped locking when the metal wore down. Every time I moved my rifle when in prone, the legs collapsed.
Yes, I understand that most people have a low budget, as do I, personally.
I only have an advantage over most people, budget-wise, because my dad also plays airsoft.
Internals are very important, and I understand that they are a top priority, as they are with me, but I would also have a fear of using a low-quality bipod, what if it broke off and damaged my gun while using it?
Eeek!
__________________
The follow-up shot is just important as the lead.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #8
Jr. Sniper
 
/\/ewton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Six View Post
I much prefer to shoot free hand. Or i just rest the barrel against a tree, etc if i can.

Ha ha about the offensive..but you missed my point bro, you said it 3 times lol. : )
You're missing the point, this isn't about how many times I wrote "offensive", it's about the main topic, so please keep it on that.

I prefer to rest the bipod against a tree when it is folded, it's much more stable and I don't risk damaging my rifle in any way.
__________________
The follow-up shot is just important as the lead.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #9
Sumta   Sumta is offline
Experienced Sniper
 
Sumta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by /\/ewton View Post
You're missing the point, this isn't about how many times I wrote "offensive", it's about the main topic, so please keep it on that.

I prefer to rest the bipod against a tree when it is folded, it's much more stable and I don't risk damaging my rifle in any way.

buy cheap if you plan to run it through the mud.
real steel bi-pod and POSP on my SVD.
things go well, never have to replace them either.
__________________
RULES
How to wash your BB's
A&K SVD vs King Arms SVD
Inner barrel

Call sign: Grim

Armoury:
Sniper:
"Anastasia" The "Special Weapon" Class SVD 463 fps (run, run as far as you can.)
"Vika" PenDragon Inc. VSS 370fps
"M.C." A&K SR-25 360FPS
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #10
Jr. Sniper
 
/\/ewton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 231
Why would you ever have to replace a POSP? xD
__________________
The follow-up shot is just important as the lead.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #11
Sumta   Sumta is offline
Experienced Sniper
 
Sumta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by /\/ewton View Post
Why would you ever have to replace a POSP? xD

miracle shot and you take a 0.43 from a 500 fps rifle to the lens?
__________________
RULES
How to wash your BB's
A&K SVD vs King Arms SVD
Inner barrel

Call sign: Grim

Armoury:
Sniper:
"Anastasia" The "Special Weapon" Class SVD 463 fps (run, run as far as you can.)
"Vika" PenDragon Inc. VSS 370fps
"M.C." A&K SR-25 360FPS
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #12
Jr. Sniper
 
/\/ewton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumta View Post
miracle shot and you take a 0.43 from a 500 fps rifle to the lens?
Mighty POSP will survive that.
Belarus pride! LOL.
__________________
The follow-up shot is just important as the lead.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
Sumta   Sumta is offline
Experienced Sniper
 
Sumta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by /\/ewton View Post
Mighty POSP will survive that.
Belarus pride! LOL.

never know lol. she took a .2 from a 430 gun last game (to the side not the lens)
__________________
RULES
How to wash your BB's
A&K SVD vs King Arms SVD
Inner barrel

Call sign: Grim

Armoury:
Sniper:
"Anastasia" The "Special Weapon" Class SVD 463 fps (run, run as far as you can.)
"Vika" PenDragon Inc. VSS 370fps
"M.C." A&K SR-25 360FPS
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #14
Jr. Sniper
 
/\/ewton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumta View Post
never know lol. she took a .2 from a 430 gun last game (to the side not the lens)
would be more worried about a .40 from a 460 fps gun..
__________________
The follow-up shot is just important as the lead.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Search tags for this page

airsoft sniper bipod forumn

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Art of Precision Rifle - which rifle would you get, why and how would you build it? reezo General Sniper Talk 3 08-03-2012 02:05 PM
Good bipods? 13camtheman General Sniper Talk 8 03-14-2012 09:29 PM
Are Bipods Needed? marinesniper Sidearms, Optics, Gear, and Accessories 17 07-30-2011 11:07 PM
First post and question about Bipods sounguru General Sniper Talk 14 03-23-2010 12:50 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.