Echo1 M28 Sniper Bolt Not Locking - Airsoft Sniper Forum
       

Go Back   Airsoft Sniper Forum > The Rifles > Others
Others UTG, JG, VFC, KJW, any rifle not already with a thread for itself.

Like Tree8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
Young Gun
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Echo1 M28 Sniper Bolt Not Locking

Hey everyone. I'm new to airsoft and sniping.
I bought a new Echo1 M28 Sniper and I was having no problem with it until the third day. I was shooting at targets until I went to cock the bolt back like I normally do but the bolt would not lock back to load the next BB.

Is the problem normal? What can I do to fix it?
The rifle is a stock Echo1 M28 Sniper Rifle.

If more information is needed, just ask. As I said I'm completely new and for the sniper to fail like this in it's 3rd day is kind of odd.
  Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-18-2020, 02:38 PM   #2
Jr. Sniper
 
Blind Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA, US
Posts: 323
Probably the sears. Common with any 45° sear. Look into a 90° trigger and piston. Could be something else, but in the end you want a 90° setup anyway for longevity. IF you plan to keep the rifle for a while that is.
Vendetta likes this.
__________________
YouTube.com/BlindSniper
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 02:42 PM   #3
Jr. Sniper
 
BlackDogAirsoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Earth
Posts: 398
Yep. Your trigger has died.
Blind Sniper and Vendetta like this.
__________________
Hidden by the leaves...
SiliconSword told me to add the following:
(\ __ /)
(= '.' =) This is a little rabbit.
(") _ (") Copy / paste it into your signature to help it dominate the world.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-18-2020, 03:05 PM   #4
Young Gun
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Probably the sears. Common with any 45° sear. Look into a 90° trigger and piston. Could be something else, but in the end you want a 90° setup anyway for longevity. IF you plan to keep the rifle for a while that is.
Thank you! And yeah, I do want to keep the rifle for a while. First one I ever owned and pretty good rifle for a $175 price tag despite the trigger dying. Do you know how much a good cheap one would be?
Blind Sniper likes this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:06 PM   #5
Young Gun
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDogAirsoft View Post
Yep. Your trigger has died.
So it is 100% the trigger? Or would there be something else that could cause the problem?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:07 PM   #6
Jr. Sniper
 
SiliconeSword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Vermont
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Probably the sears. Common with any 45° sear. Look into a 90° trigger and piston. Could be something else, but in the end you want a 90° setup anyway for longevity. IF you plan to keep the rifle for a while that is.
Does the M28 take VSR stuff?

If not, ask this guy as he will be able to sort you out
rangercustoms.weebly.com

ASF won't let me post a link even though this guy is an ASF resident.
__________________
We all know the guy that says he can split an atom, at 420 feet, with 1J, in the dark, and handcuffs, with a widebore, and a 25mm ER-hop……………

Where you can see my projects and other cool stuff
https://www.instagram.com/silicone_sword/
(\ __ /)
(= '.' =) This is a little rabbit.
(") _ (") Copy / paste it into your signature to help it dominate the world.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:11 PM   #7
Young Gun
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconeSword View Post
Does the M28 take VSR stuff?

If not, ask this guy as he will be able to sort you out
rangercustoms.weebly.com

ASF won't let me post a link even though this guy is an ASF resident.
From a video I watched the other day about slam firing, the guy said the M28 can take VSR stuff
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:15 PM   #8
Jr. Sniper
 
BlackDogAirsoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Earth
Posts: 398
Get a 90 degree. Cheapest is Airsoftpro- £70, best is Springer custom works- £110.
45 degree will be only trouble. Mine is being annoying right now, however, I have tuned it as best as I can. Kids. Just say no (to 45 degree triggers).
__________________
Hidden by the leaves...
SiliconSword told me to add the following:
(\ __ /)
(= '.' =) This is a little rabbit.
(") _ (") Copy / paste it into your signature to help it dominate the world.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:40 PM   #9
Young Gun
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDogAirsoft View Post
Get a 90 degree. Cheapest is Airsoftpro- £70, best is Springer custom works- £110.
45 degree will be only trouble. Mine is being annoying right now, however, I have tuned it as best as I can. Kids. Just say no (to 45 degree triggers).
What causes a 45 degree sear to go bad after 3 days?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:01 PM   #10
Young Gun
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
https://imgur.com/a/9npHMCw
I took a couple pictures of the trigger just in case there's a visible issue with it. Referencing the trigger to a picture of one on the internet I can't seem to find any issue with it.
Does anyone see one?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:43 PM   #11
Jr. Sniper
 
Blind Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA, US
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
What causes a 45 degree sear to go bad after 3 days?
The design being trash haha. I'm not 100% on what ALL parts of your rifle are vsr compatible. BUT I second the airsoft pro v4 kit. If you find out FOR SURE that its compatible, order it from airsoftpro.cz if its in stock!!
__________________
YouTube.com/BlindSniper
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:03 AM   #12
Jr. Sniper
 
BlackDogAirsoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Earth
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
https://imgur.com/a/9npHMCw
I took a couple pictures of the trigger just in case there's a visible issue with it. Referencing the trigger to a picture of one on the internet I can't seem to find any issue with it.
Does anyone see one?
Can't see a fault. Actually, check out your cylinder internals if it is just 3 days. Maybe those broke because 3 days is odd. Unless you were using an m150 spring?
Remember to get new internals for the cylinder if you use a 90 degree trigger. You might actually need a new cylinder.
You need:
Spring (if you want to upgrade power)
Spring guide (if you upgrade spring)
Cylinder (if you upgrade spring)
Piston (because stock is not compatible with a 90 degree)
Trigger (because your one probably died)
Vendetta likes this.
__________________
Hidden by the leaves...
SiliconSword told me to add the following:
(\ __ /)
(= '.' =) This is a little rabbit.
(") _ (") Copy / paste it into your signature to help it dominate the world.

Last edited by BlackDogAirsoft; 06-19-2020 at 08:09 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:14 PM   #13
Young Gun
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDogAirsoft View Post
Can't see a fault. Actually, check out your cylinder internals if it is just 3 days. Maybe those broke because 3 days is odd. Unless you were using an m150 spring?
Remember to get new internals for the cylinder if you use a 90 degree trigger. You might actually need a new cylinder.
You need:
Spring (if you want to upgrade power)
Spring guide (if you upgrade spring)
Cylinder (if you upgrade spring)
Piston (because stock is not compatible with a 90 degree)
Trigger (because your one probably died)
Thank you! I called the place I bought the rifle from and they said to bring it in. Since they have more experience and know how on the inner workings. If it is the trigger, then I'm sure they'll fix that for cheap since right now I can't really go the route of upgrading the rifle even if it's never been used at a field
When I get an answer from the repair guy at the shop, I will give everyone an update in hopes it might also help someone else in the future :)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:37 PM   #14
Jr. Sniper
 
BlackDogAirsoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Earth
Posts: 398
See if you can get a new gun instead because if they fix it they normally cut corners (in my experience). They like to use superglue and bodge things instead of fix them. I wouldn't trust a retailer. Try to get the thing replaced but if you don't it should still hold up for some time. Ultimately though, their main goal is to make money.
__________________
Hidden by the leaves...
SiliconSword told me to add the following:
(\ __ /)
(= '.' =) This is a little rabbit.
(") _ (") Copy / paste it into your signature to help it dominate the world.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:00 PM   #15
Young Gun
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Finally got back from the retailer.
So... I don't know how to say this without sounding like an absolute moron, but apparently I had to jerk the bolt back. There was no jam and nothing wrong with rifle. He said there was a chance the safety was caught in the middle (It wasn't to my knowledge) but he just cocked the bolt back harder than I would've (I always felt like I'd break it lol)
He also said it was still under warranty and he knew the Echo 1 people personally so he said if there IS ever a problem, it's completely covered :)
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bolt, bolt action, echo1, failure, m28

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.