Looking at an SRS - Airsoft Sniper Forum
       

Go Back   Airsoft Sniper Forum > The Rifles > Silverback SRS
Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
 
Plazmaburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,449
Send a message via Skype™ to Plazmaburn
Looking at an SRS

So I am wanting something different, and the SRS seams to be it.

I am not as familiar with the SRS as say a VSR or an HPA system. I know enough to be dangerous.

Rifle wise I am thinking on getting a Sport, as its the cheapest and does not have a a few things like the monopod (which to my knowledge most people remove or never use.) and dual stage trigger. (sounds gimmicky and serves no purpose, could be wrong.)

I did think about piecing one together, but my gut is telling me that will not work.

========

My plan is to mod it for reduced weight. 17 inch CF barrel, likely grab a MLOC front, swap out the magazine sides with plastic inserts, or use the new aluminum mags as they are only 108g vs 204g (info from Skirmshop.)

Performance wise, not sure what to do. I think I may grab one of the new MAXX hopup units for it. As the Kraken seems like it only works with the Kraken specific bucking currently, with compatibility increasing when coupled with a future bolt handle. (This is stupid.) Unlike with the MAXX which you have both AEG bucking and VSR compatibility, in one package with minimal changes and not requiring a full on replacement handle. (Could be wrong, but so far thats what it looks like.)

https://www.facebook.com/StalkerAirs...40740379711403

https://www.maxxmodel.com/ultra-prec...-h-for-srs-hti

Past that, I am a bit lost. (I have plenty of barrels as it is, Ill use one of those.)
__________________
Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, and notice more than you realize.
  Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #2
Jr. Sniper
 
mwrose777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 234
Dude talk to Masada about my SRS. Only reason I sold it was to fund one of his receivers. Very minimal upgrades to get it shooting .48s fantastically. I wouldn’t mess with an aftermarket hop up. Good barrel/bucking and a spring. Done. I ran a custom r-hopped 6.01 steel edgi that I got from Dan Blomquist. I can’t remember if I showed it to you at starburst- was the 16” covert in FDE.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:20 PM   #3
Myzur   Myzur is offline
Young Gun
 
Myzur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 46
I got the Sport as well and that thing is already super light without needing to do anything else. I will agree with he mags though, all 7 of mine weigh about as much as the gun does (slight exaggeration but you get my point).

The stock hop up system is gimmicky at best and downright infuriating to get perfect hop on it so I opted to go for the Silverback FAST hop system, which turns it into a regular rotary style hop up. I have not heard of the MAXX system for the SRS but if they are anything like the AEG versions I would get that in a heartbeat. With the FAST system and a Silverback 70* bucking I can easily lift .48g bbs and I can regularly hit a bottle cap out at 70 feet. I would like to compare further but that's all the room that I have to work with until I can get to the field a bit more often.

The spring system is probably my favorite part of the gun, opting for a longer spring so it is much more manageable on arm fatigue. 2.7J is actually really easy to pull and is a clean motion without strain.

Some other perks you may not have thought about for it as well is the gun is actually quite quiet. Within 30 feet you cannot hear the gun go off and there are many modifications that make the gun even quieter, I just havent felt the need to get them.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2019, 01:31 PM   #4
Masada   Masada is offline
Jr. Sniper
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 173
Apart from how heavy the normal models are it's a great platform. I prefer the stock hop up design. You can really dial it in with the two grub screws I found. It does take time to get it right though and I found that it could not lift much heavier than 0.48g bb's. The weak point in the system is still the AEG buckings. I still have not found one that seals as well as a decent VSR bucking. I'm not an expert on the aftermarket hop up systems for the SRS so if there is a VSR bucking option I'd be in favor of that.

FYI I'm not someone who changes hop up settings in the field so having something that's quick to adjust doesn't do anything for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
Myzur   Myzur is offline
Young Gun
 
Myzur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Apart from how heavy the normal models are it's a great platform. I prefer the stock hop up design. You can really dial it in with the two grub screws I found. It does take time to get it right though and I found that it could not lift much heavier than 0.48g bb's. The weak point in the system is still the AEG buckings. I still have not found one that seals as well as a decent VSR bucking. I'm not an expert on the aftermarket hop up systems for the SRS so if there is a VSR bucking option I'd be in favor of that.

FYI I'm not someone who changes hop up settings in the field so having something that's quick to adjust doesn't do anything for me.
I think that may be a stock hop up issue. I have the FAST hop unit and the 70* SRS bucking and my air seal is 100%.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #6
 
Plazmaburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,449
Send a message via Skype™ to Plazmaburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrose777 View Post
Dude talk to Masada about my SRS. Only reason I sold it was to fund one of his receivers. Very minimal upgrades to get it shooting .48s fantastically. I wouldn’t mess with an aftermarket hop up. Good barrel/bucking and a spring. Done. I ran a custom r-hopped 6.01 steel edgi that I got from Dan Blomquist. I can’t remember if I showed it to you at starburst- was the 16” covert in FDE.
No you didn't. But you did show me that mp7. Which I kinda want. But that is a different time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myzur View Post
I got the Sport as well and that thing is already super light without needing to do anything else. I will agree with he mags though, all 7 of mine weigh about as much as the gun does (slight exaggeration but you get my point).

The stock hop up system is gimmicky at best and downright infuriating to get perfect hop on it so I opted to go for the Silverback FAST hop system, which turns it into a regular rotary style hop up. I have not heard of the MAXX system for the SRS but if they are anything like the AEG versions I would get that in a heartbeat. With the FAST system and a Silverback 70* bucking I can easily lift .48g bbs and I can regularly hit a bottle cap out at 70 feet. I would like to compare further but that's all the room that I have to work with until I can get to the field a bit more often.

The spring system is probably my favorite part of the gun, opting for a longer spring so it is much more manageable on arm fatigue. 2.7J is actually really easy to pull and is a clean motion without strain.

Some other perks you may not have thought about for it as well is the gun is actually quite quiet. Within 30 feet you cannot hear the gun go off and there are many modifications that make the gun even quieter, I just havent felt the need to get them.
The maxx chamber is very new, matter of fact its still a pre-order. See the link.

Considering the SRS is 3000g or 6.6 lbs (according to evike....) and a TM VSR is 2090 or 4.6 lbs. Mags are roughly half a pound each. (Standard magazine)

While the others are roughly 8 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Apart from how heavy the normal models are it's a great platform. I prefer the stock hop up design. You can really dial it in with the two grub screws I found. It does take time to get it right though and I found that it could not lift much heavier than 0.48g bb's. The weak point in the system is still the AEG buckings. I still have not found one that seals as well as a decent VSR bucking. I'm not an expert on the aftermarket hop up systems for the SRS so if there is a VSR bucking option I'd be in favor of that.

FYI I'm not someone who changes hop up settings in the field so having something that's quick to adjust doesn't do anything for me.
By the sounds of it, the stock hop design sounds similar to the PDI VSR chamber design. Need to look at it more. If it is, then it will be a easy-ish matter to tune.

While I do like the ability to change the hop up more readily, its not a huge deal to me. I do like set-and-forget.
__________________
Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, and notice more than you realize.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:20 AM   #7
Fluppi   Fluppi is offline
Jr. Sniper
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 136
From what I understand with the Maxx hop up chamber(s) is that it will be 2 versions, and not just one that you can change a piece to have it either aeg or vsr bucking. Mighy be wrong, ofc, as it's not on the market yet.
And speaking of vsr buckings, the nozzle on the srs is too small for vsr bucking for it to seal properly. It works with the maple leaf super series buckings because the bucking "lips" are smaller.

I personally don't see any benefit in getting a maxx (or any other after market) chamber. Original dual screw chamber is fenomenal, if you don't want to mess around with a small allen key you can get silverback's fast hop. I also don't really see a reason in using any other bucking than either silverback's original "flathop" (basically a rhop bucking) or a rhop.
Plazmaburn likes this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:50 AM   #8
Jr. Sniper
 
Blind Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA, US
Posts: 281
Hey, random input here. It seems a lot of vsr guys run the maple leaf combo and a lot of SRS guys do rhop. Obviously vsr people do rhop too but just a general comparison. Anyway, as I am currently building an SRS myself, I’ve been doing research. Some SRS owners I know have told me that they are “so over all of the new chambers” and that the FAST chamber works fine, even a stock chamber does. One of the main reasons I want to build an srs is to run a different hopup setup being rhop vs maple leaf. Therefore I don’t want to buy a fancy chamber to run the same setup I have in a vsr. Going to try a pdi barrel with faceless rhop patch. Many craft a patch themselves but finding a patch that fits a specific window and a nub designed for it appears to work well for others. Good luck on your build!!!
Plazmaburn likes this.
__________________
YouTube.com/BlindSniper
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:01 AM   #9
Pu7z   Pu7z is offline
Young Gun
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 20
About the mags: https://www.skirmshop.nl/en/srs-hexm...ver-green.html

Reduces the weight of each mag to 83g.

I run 3 of those when I play. 1 loaded on the gun, 2 more on a stock pouch sold by Attacktical (look them up on facebook).

The stock pouch looks like this (not my gun):

Plazmaburn and WeekendWarrior like this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:39 AM   #10
Advanced Sniper
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 920
Maple Leaf has an SRS hop up being re released (the initial one had issues). There's a thread on it in the General forum. I think it's called the LAST chamber.

It allows the use of VSR buckings and barrels. That'd be the way I would go if it seals 100%.

I don't have an SRS but wouldn't say no to one. Hard to justify when I have a perfectly dialed in VSR that's lighter and has better mag capacity... which are the only two drawbacks to the SRS in my opinion.

Sound comparison wise there's no way a VSR could ever get as quiet as some of the SRS I've fired and heard and keep the same power level. I mean the damn things can get down to Mk23 quiet (without the hammer noise!). Not that the VSR is loud (even at 4J) but the SRS is just silly quiet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #11
1tonne   1tonne is offline
Veteran Sniper
 
1tonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 4,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccurateDMD View Post
Sound comparison wise there's no way a VSR could ever get as quiet as some of the SRS I've fired and heard and keep the same power level. I mean the damn things can get down to Mk23 quiet (without the hammer noise!). Not that the VSR is loud (even at 4J) but the SRS is just silly quiet.

My 600fps/3.33joule VSR is about 1 decibel quieter than a Mk23. Measured with a decibel meter.
WeekendWarrior likes this.
__________________
Live in New Zealand and want Action Army Parts? Check out this thread:
https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/sh...807#post160807

Advanced VSR Sniper Building Guide
https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=6075
Advanced L96 Sniper Upgrade Guide
https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=6465
Choosing the right spring and making it work
https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/32...tml#post127126
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:01 PM   #12
Advanced Sniper
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 920
I should probably clarify. I run a custom airbrake and not a full length on the VSR. It sacrifices some stealth for power. With the full length I can get it that quiet as well, but I lose quite a bit of power. The SRS doesn't seem to suffer from as much power loss with an airbrake due to how much volume the cylinder carries.

My comparison with the Mk23 was more to highlight how similar of a sound it makes to the SRS. Both are very much a 'dull thud' (minus the Mk23 hammer noise). On my VSR with all the foam mods, airbrake, soft piston cup, etc etc... The sound - while inaudible from 10-20 yards, still seems to make a higher pitch noise. The only thing I haven't done to the VSR that the Mk23 has is a fart flap. The SRS's I've shot didn't have one either though...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:06 PM   #13
1tonne   1tonne is offline
Veteran Sniper
 
1tonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 4,761
What is your inner barrel length and bb weight?
__________________
Live in New Zealand and want Action Army Parts? Check out this thread:
https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/sh...807#post160807

Advanced VSR Sniper Building Guide
https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=6075
Advanced L96 Sniper Upgrade Guide
https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=6465
Choosing the right spring and making it work
https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/32...tml#post127126
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:58 PM   #14
Advanced Sniper
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 920
430 and .48. If anything it should be quieter with that ratio. I've used the volume matched .43 as well.

The SRS I've shot have all been quiet almost regardless of bb weight (.36g+), varying barrel lengths. Again, I don't have an SRS nor do I intend to buy one in the near future, but the ones I've shot have all been significantly quieter than any VSR I've shot that wasn't converted to HPA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:20 AM   #15
 
Plazmaburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,449
Send a message via Skype™ to Plazmaburn
So do you know what they did to those SRS you shot?
__________________
Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, and notice more than you realize.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.