Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

cylinder sleeve , NO MORE WOBBLE

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  1tonne 
#1 ·
#5 ·
If I had a choice I'd choose a high quality delrin sleeve which I believe Masada uses in his receivers (correct me if I'm wrong). Tech T is my favorite lubricant usually but DON'T USE A LOT, a little bit goes a long way!!
Ya I switched to POM (Delrin) for my sleeves. Originally it was PTFE, but machining and fitment was very difficult so I ended up switching.

Both materials (POM and PTFE) have good lubrication properties (PTFE being better) so you should not have to lube the sleeves. If you must, a dry PTFE lube as mentioned earlier is probably your best option.

#11 ·
but this is inside barrel before HU , and this mod is inside upper receiver and also cover from dust , i was tinking about this part from longbow but postage stoped me 12 GBP for part is ok but additional 9 GBB for postage is double price off this part , is not about 9 £ is about principals

#12 ·
Another way to take out wobble is simply cut a little slit in your current rings with a hack saw (carefully). Then put a layer or two of tape in the receiver where the guide rings go (Shims). Then install the guide rings back in.

#14 ·
Make sure that if you are using grease on the guide rings or cylinder, that you make an ejection port cover. If you do not, dirt will stick to the cylinder and eventually scratch it. My cylinder is many years old and still looks new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.