Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Again Im running out of gas, and let me tell you there's no way to use propane (I can't find that, just butane) and the only options are the sillicone with green gas from umarex elite force, and the 14k puff sino, but I'm worried about if it will blow up my pistols (taiwanese, not marui)
Have anyone has experiences with the puff dino?

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,360 Posts
Is there literally just...no propane in Chile? (I assume that's where you are from because of the flag).
Nothing in camping stores?
Out of curiosity, do you know if it's because of the bans on LPG cars?

I've found that you can run green gas in most guns, so long as they are made for countries that have a higher FPS limit.

The reason you can't run it in TMs is because of the low FPS limits in Japan. If, for example, you have WE pistols (such as the WE pistol mentioned in your sig, it should work fine. I know people who always run their WE guns on red gas and that works fine for them.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Is there literally just...no propane in Chile? (I assume that's where you are from because of the flag).

I've found that you can run green gas in most guns, so long as they are made for countries that have a higher FPS limit.

The reason you can't run it in TMs is because of the low FPS limits in Japan. If, for example, you have WE pistols (such as the WE pistol mentioned in your sig, it should work fine. I know people who always run their WE guns on red gas and that works fine for them.
Marui pistols handle standard 12kg green gas just fine thanks to good enough build quality. Everyone here uses green gas and nobody has had premature detonations, at least not earlier than alloy slides.

Though yeah I would imagine 14kg gas should still be safe-ish to use in yours.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Blue gas is around 120 PSI
Green around 150 PSI
Red around 170 PSI
Black 200 PSI
Number can vary, the pressure is defined at 20ºc.
CO2 is around 1K PSI.
If you really want to make sure your pistol can take any gas, replace the BBU to a light weight one.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Looks like I was wrong, that would be black gas.

As for getting propane, definitely try a camping store like somebody said, but check hardware stores and welding/auto stores too.
In the US you can buy it on Amazon or at any hardware store or whatever, but maybe Chile is really sketchy like this lol.
I know in the UK that lots of gas canisters are a similar to spray cans, same in Japan, but in the EU, Canada, and US 1 pound tanks are everywhere, the tall and the short ones.

Camping propane

Torch propane

MAP, higher pressure, burns hotter

Oxygen, I'd buy it just for the tank if you are desperate

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Shipping of liquified gas bottles gets incredibly expensive due to safety regulations. In Argentina we don't have access to the typical green Coleman bottles either, only have some Berz-o-Matic and Worthington Map Pro that's being imported for welding. But the safety taxes multiply their cost, making them just as expensive as green / red gas.

That's not to say we don't have propane, there's plenty as we are producers, only that they don't sell it in convenient small bottles

I feel like red gas is probably about equivalent to C02, so it should be safe enough
dude... NO. Red gas / 14Kg gas is 7 times lower pressure than CO2.

so-called 14Kg gas / red gas
/ whatever name or absurd mix claim the manufacturer makes about their "higher pressure green gas" is just propylene. The same thing in Map Pro cans.

It is totally safe to use in any gun that runs green gas, and essentially it behaves as a 10ºC lower equivalent. For instance, red / map pro / "14Kg" at 10ºC will have the same pressure (and therefore behave the same ways) as green / propane / 12Kg would at 20ºC

Here's the pressure/temperature charts for propane and propylene

In a nutshell, use your propane / green / 12Kg for 15 to 35ºC, propylene / red / 14kg for 5 to 25ºC. And if you can find Map Pro bottles (probably at air conditioning / refrigeration stores) go for it, we've been using it for almost a decade and they work great

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I mean in terms of parts breakage, as C02 have much smaller exhaust ports on the firing valve to accommodate for the higher pressure, reducing flow as to not explode your nozzle or shear off your slide.
Gas mags have much larger exhaust ports allowing them to function properly.
Would be seriously awesome to have a GBB gun that ran off of like 3000 PSI or something crazy and kicked harder than a real gun...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

You have assume well!, Im from Chile, and the only thing that the stores sell it's propane 15% mixed with 85% butane, and that wont work for nothing

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank to all guys to share your knowledge about the gas and stuff, it's been hard to find good green gas arround here, and I don't know why but every seller agreed to sell the same SH1T of the Elite Force green oily gas!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts