Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I am kind of sad to say this.......

But I am thinking about going to the other side of the airsoft community. Rather than using one round to take a person out. I am looking at using 20+ rounds to take a person out.

The group that I usually run with is in dire need of a heavy weapons man. I am working on a buddies M249 right now, re lubing, wiring, and some basic mods. I am working to get her right at around 23-25 bps, at around 400 fps. And of course I am going to use what I know about our rifles, to make one heck of an accurate 249.

Now I am still planning on keeping a boltie on me at all times as well. Because you never know what the game will call for at that time.

The main reason why I am moving, is that for the few large games that we go to, IE travel 9+ hours, the squads don't move, and they just get bogged down. So I am stepping up and going to be running in a QRF team. So basically I am going to be in the group that helps the little guys out. And we are also acting as a RECON squad as well. So the sniper will be strapped to my pack.

So this by no means, means that I am leaving the sniper side of things. I am just going to do it as more of a heavy gunner/sniper

· Registered
25 Posts
The stealth of a sniper and the brutal bluntness of a support gunner all rolled into one. Sounds interesting...

woogie said:
I am looking at trying to max out the hop for this thing and try to make it more of a SAW-DMR
If it wasn't for Mateba's Asahi M60 I would say that was impossible, but having seen his, good luck.

· Registered
107 Posts
No sweat Woogie I flip back and forth all the time. Some days I want to sit and wait or stalk my prey the others I want to giggle like a school girl with her first crush as I unload on them...

Probably will be giggling like a girl at the next event since I have my beloved Betty Lou (KA FAL Para Carbine) back up and running.

· Registered
209 Posts
Well our team has a really good sniper. I mean really good. And Ive come into the sniping game in the last three months. But one thing our team doesnt have is a support gunner. So yea, me too. Im looking at a 249 para before june this year as well.

Does that mean I wont snipe? Nope! Does it mean I wont be on here? Nope ! Does it mean I wont be building and useing my ASR or 96 ? Nope for sure it does not mean that.

What it means is that I will be a more versitile player able to fill more roles as my squad need them. Thus making me more valuable to the team as a whole.

And it means I get to get more toys !! LoL, always a plus.

So have fun man. Have fun !

· Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

There is no need for that!

Heck I am planning on keeping the rate of fire right where it is. And the FPS probably in the same area as well. I may do some things to the internals, like the rewire. But nothing to much.

I am right now in the process of "sop moding" the saw..... IE.... taking everything off of it that isn't needed to fire. So this thing is going on a diet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.