Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1980's/1990's US Military - The Loadout Guide

126K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  Doctor Jest 
I'd like to add something to this. I love this era, as well as the Vietnam era. Through my research, I have discovered that the Vietnam era M1956/M1967 web gear continued to see limited use up until Desert Storm.

As you can see, this RTO is using the M1956 universal ammo pouch. if you look even closer, you can see he's also wearing the M1956 suspenders.

The Rangers in Operation Urgent Fury also used a lot of Vietnam era gear, as you can see here.

Note the third pattern Jungle fatigues instead of M81 woodland. Als note that they're all using the M16A1. if you're doing an EARLY 80s impression, the M16A1 would be far more common.

I believe these are Marines. Note the ERDL camouflage pattern.

Look closely at the second soldier on the left. He's wearing the M1956 'H' suspenders instead of the ALICE LC-2 suspenders.

Anyways, just my 0.02.

Reactions: Bushmaster Recon
M56 suspenders are very comfy. I'm stronlgy prefer them over LC2.
I can understand why they where used for such long time.
Not only Army but SEALs and other SF as well.
I would think that in the early post-vietnam era, the SF groups would still be wearing the STABO harness.

But I agree on the M56 suspenders. Also, the ALICE rucksack straps don't constantly slip off like they do with LC-2 suspenders. nylon on nylon isn't great for friction XD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.