Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t have .32s but have .40s. First shot, full mag warmed up in my pocket for 5-7min was hot, after, fps slowly dropped. As for feed lips, they are Hadron Designs “Hot Lips”. I think he nailed them, closely resembles TM feed lips. I was having feeding issues, but after installing, all issue went away. He also has a video where he modifies nozzle, did that as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Ended up testing that G-spec barrel.
133 PSI, stock setup: 313 FPS with .30g
133 PSI, G-spec barrel: 403 FPS with .30g
133 PSI, G-spec barrel &60° Decepticon: 360 FPS with .30g

I suspect that my power drop with the Decepticon was because I didn't have that metal clip, and I stripped the chamber screws so it wasn't as tight.
Guess I have to replace that l, and probably the nozzle, but in the meantime it shoots.

Really annoying that Novritsch didn't put in any effort to the hop chamber, as it could have at least had metal thread inserts or could have been CNC aluminum.
Whatever, guess I'll try and improve it somehow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up testing that G-spec barrel.
133 PSI, stock setup: 313 FPS with .30g
133 PSI, G-spec barrel: 403 FPS with .30g
133 PSI, G-spec barrel &60° Decepticon: 360 FPS with .30g

I suspect that my power drop with the Decepticon was because I didn't have that metal clip, and I stripped the chamber screws so it wasn't as tight.
Guess I have to replace that l, and probably the nozzle, but in the meantime it shoots.

Really annoying that Novritsch didn't put in any effort to the hop chamber, as it could have at least had metal thread inserts or could have been CNC aluminum.
Whatever, guess I'll try and improve it somehow.
Amazing what a longer barrel can do with mk23 NBB platform. Will you build a DMR, or are you just testing for the heck of it? Yea, Nov should have designed his hop different. I'm sure he will produce Gen2 product to repair issue.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I will put in a 153X6.01 stainless barrel when I have some money, I don't really plan in doing another DMR as I already have a Polarstar F2, I just need a new body for it.
I think that MK23 carbine kits are pretty dumb as they are just not very stable, while the SSX303 is more stable and cheaper overall.
I also really like using the full suppressor for sound, and the long barrel obviously just wastes that.
FPS consistency was also terrible with the long barrel, idk why, so I wouldn't call it DMR worthy.
That being said, I'm shooting it outside when I get home to see if I'm correct.

For the SSX23, it's a good idea but I definitely think it could have used more thought, like a CNC outer barrel THAT HAS A CENTERED BORE, glass reinforced nylon trigger housing, lighter magazines, and of course a CNC or even cast hop chamber.
In the future he may improve this stuff, but it seems like he stops at GEN2, which is the pistol I have.
I'll try to machine this stuff someday, and sell it to hardcore MK23 guys and use it myself lol

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,395 Posts
Imo 300mm is about the maximum as a long barrel in a MK23 is super floppy.

Of course you can go super long as it's a gas gun, but you don't gain very significant power after 300mm unless you make it really really inefficient.
What I meant was that the gas output is sufficient for that.
Not that you should actually use it or that it would be good to do so.
Interesting that the power gains don't increase over 300mm though...

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I'm sure there is actual power gain, but I got almost exactly the same J with a .30g as a .48g, so with heavy BBs (which are a must at that power) you should definitely call it at 300, probably why Novritsch is using a 303 in the SSX303 as I'm sure he did some experimenting beforehand

·
Registered
135 Posts
I want to increase the fps in my SSX23 as I have 90f/sec room for such output upgrade.
I am currently using the stock inner barrel 6.03mm/144mm producing 260-270f/sec with 0.20gr. I am allowed to increase the bb exit velocity up to 350f/sec.

@SiliconeSword suggested me to install a 6.03mm/162.5mm barrel as his 188mm barrel produced ~380f/sec.

But I don't want to have the inner barrel protrude the outer barrel. I am thinking that a 6.01mm barrel will do.
And for sure the 6.01mm should be shorter than 144mm.
But I don't know which 6.01mm barrel length will get me close to 350f/sec.

Researching I found these data:
6.03mm/144mm = 260f/sec
6.03mm/188mm = 280f/sec
6.04mm/220mm = 350f/sec
6.03mm/162.5mm = ~350f/sec

So which 6.01mm barrel length will produce around 350f/sec?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts