Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this was my 2nd ghillie page but im adding to it.
Ghillie poncho

Little info: Piece of 1/2"x1/2" squares; netting is cut in a square shape but I wear it as a diamond. Originally it was a ghillie-wookie poncho so I cut a good lb of and then added strips of burlap, netting, cut-up-bdu. Still needs a mud bath and a drag-a-long. But I think it looks primal if i may say so myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FInished product on page 2.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/2nd-Home-Ghillie-t215209.html

Ya I know its on a different forum, but what can i say; im lazzzzyyy!
Enjoy

Below, is my progress over the past week:

March 27, 2011
So I decided to make my 2nd ghillie suit. This thread is going to show my build over a long term basis. Here it is atm. I still need to add netting on the upper arms, thast easy enough.

obviously there is no burlap or other material on the netting. The next phase of my ghillie suit will be started and completed over spring break in early April.
Here are some pictures of what I wear underneath my ghillie suit:

......ya i need to exercise a little more.....

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got back to taking Pics. AND exercising :) I can now lift up and shoulder my 14+lb Tanaka rifle with little effort
Here is a pic. of the material I am dealing with:

This pic. was of the jacket on Friday the 1st of April just before sunset. It's not actually a Golden color:

Sorry for the big gap in pics. but here is
todays pics(April the 5th):

This is a picture of the front of the hat. It is resting on a paintcan:

Front of hat:

However, these pictures are inaccurate of the actual ghillie suit. The suit now has green/brown burlap added and other materials. I will take more pictures tomorrow after I do a little more. I have made awsome progress over the past few days. The ghillie should be finished by the end of the week :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here we go. Added color and many hairbands. Also added netting to the arms via. ShoeGoo. Created a rifle wrap for my sniper.
Back:

Front:

Added netting:

Shoulders:

Front of hat:

Side of hat:

Rifle wrap pics:

Scope pic:

I tied in 3 different materials throughout the ghillie. These included mesh that has been spraypainted, Burlap dyed in green and brown, and cut up 3-color woodland camo jacket that I picked up from a thrift store for $6. The clarity when looking through the scope is not as clear as when I have nothing in front of it. Also when wearing the ghillie hat there is no glare where you look through the scope. I made sure the wrap does not cover the bolt or the magazine well. I think that my body/ghillie top will cover up most of the stock. Added hairbands to the wrap and ghillie suit, totalling around 40.

Almost done!!! Just waiting for the glue on the arms to harden so I can add more burlap. Then I will dirty it up! Yippeeee! More pics tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Looks very nice, loving the pics of each stage of the build.

Looking forward to pics where you dirty that bad boy up. Looks super clean right now, like something I could walk around the house in.
Great job so far!

P.S. What is the strap on the right side of your leg? Is that attached to the pistol pouch or is that for something else?

And diggin' the hydration pouch on the back. Same thing I have done with my set up.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fuzzywolly said:
Looks super clean right now, like something I could walk around the house in.

P.S. What is the strap on the right side of your leg? Is that attached to the pistol pouch or is that for something else?
Thanks for the comments guys. I walked with it on around the house and my mom got supper mad because the burlap fibers started to float around in the air. The strap on the right side of the front of my leg is attached to a mag pouch that holds an extra 1911 mag and also my speedloader. I put the strap there because the KWA double stack mags are REALLY heavy. I didn't want the pouch to flop around.

I will put more pics up tomorrow before I dirty it up(almost done adding color) and also after I throw it into a mud pile(it rained today...oh goody!
).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheese Man said:
How green is the foliage there at its maximum greenness(?)?
If your refering to where I play, It is quite green during the spring. Especially this spring because we have had alot of rain fall. Multicam and 3 color woodland works well in almost all the areas. However, in the summer almost everything dries out because the area is located inside a valley and is about 30-50 miles inland from the ocean. Here is a link to our local forum, the thread is of pictures from the field that I like to play on:
http://858airsoft.com/forum2/index.php?topic=201.0
Hope this answers your question.

You may think to yourself when and if you look at those pictures that there is limited vegitation matching the color of my ghillie suit. This is not the case. Most of those pics. are not action pictures and also maybe a year or so old. Also you may say that sticking my head over a bush is not the best idea. There is alot of high land and flat land from which I can shoot form/into.
Also, I would like to note: the ghillie suit pictures that are posted at the moment are not of the current state of my ghillie suit. I have added many different colors and materials. I think it looks more natural now that i've developed it further.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
No, I wasn't insulting you at all. I have a problem with the color change season-to-season in AK, and I was just wondering, if you had the same issue, how you dealt with it.

We go from the color of your ghillie to the green of the messages, and brighter. That makes it hard to make 1 ghillie...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes. In the green areas just add some green veg. But most of the Vegitation added would be the dead long grass. I just added around 40 hairbands to the ghillie suit. Also the netting is 1" by 1" and the burlap seems to fan over it hidding alot of the netting, but there is alot of room to add foliage.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
The hydration pouch underneath the ghillie is exactly what I do when I use my friends. (I'm in the middle of making one myself, Just don't really have the time, almost done though!) Oh and lastly, how did you apply the netting, by sowing it to the BDU's or by using fabric glue? I just want to know if fabric glue is good option if I want to save time for my second ghillie. (Sometime next year...) Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
inthetallgrass said:
The hydration pouch underneath the ghillie is exactly what I do when I use my friends. (I'm in the middle of making one myself, Just don't really have the time, almost done though!) Oh and lastly, how did you apply the netting, by sowing it to the BDU's or by using fabric glue? I just want to know if fabric glue is good option if I want to save time for my second ghillie. (Sometime next year...) Thanks.
I have used both floss and glue and glue by itself. The glue gets the job done, regardless if the floss has been used. Saves a lot of time as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.