Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after a game last weekend, I started wondering about bb's again. I know the general census is that heavier = better, but with most field limits around me being 550 fps as measured by .2's I am seeing a very dramatic drop in bb velocity that made my rifle harder to use. so I am putting the question out there to my fellow snipers, with that velocity limit in mind what BB weight should be used?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Use what your rifle likes.

In my current rifle it really likes the Bioval .27's, a few .30's and some .25's. It all really depends on what your rifle likes, and the condition of your hop up as well.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It depends how much pressure you're able to apply to your bucking, too. .43s are a good weight for your rifle but .36s will do fine too.
In my stock VSR (shooting at under 400fps) I'm using .36s because with .30s I could overhop easily!

·
Registered
73 Posts
my TM VSR loves bb bastard .40. with the mod i did to the hop up arm i can send .40's into the stratosphere if i turn the hop up dial half way.

my VSR shoots 510fps with a .20 and approx 360 with a .40. with that in mind yes my bb will take a bit longer to get to your target but it will be more accurate and have much better range IMO.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Both me and my gun love Bioval .3s. With an m170 and .3 bb's my gun can hop them 100 yards pretty easily

·
Registered
118 Posts
Currently i've been shooting .3's through my UTG mk96, but at about 150' they start to ver. So tomorrow morning I will be testing some .36's and hopefully they stay on course at 150'+.

·
Registered
77 Posts
somebody told me that bb's over .36 are made of a pourus material and can be effected if the barrel has been cleaned with silicone oil or has been in contact with moisture. il try to find the thread now. is this true?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.