Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya snipers, id just like to share a few pics taken just recently. A 36hr Milsim Game here OPERATION: Anaconda.

As the Scenario goesThere were 3 Factions. RED, BLUE and SPEC OP Contractors. RED And BLUE were against eachother, after a certain OIL TYCOON, who hired SPEC OP Contractors to protect him. I was a recon sniper in the 15 man CONTRACTOR faction.

Our faction was divided into 3 squads, 3- 5 per squad. Command and Comms Squad, Sniper/Recon and Striker/Assult. Here are some Pics.

incomplete squad pic before we started Humping to our staging area. Im d guy with the Camoed VSR10 up front.

My Kit. A VSR10 Rifle, 90 rounds of .36bb, a 3 day pack with 2 MRES, an Extra Tigerstripe BDU and an extra change of clothes.

Others with me were using AEGS and GBB M4s

We had to hike for 45 mins, in full freaking gear to get to our staging area, masks down by this time, we can get ambushed anytime.... gave me a new respect for soldiers all over the world.
TIME: 1000Hrs

Yeah... Crackers and Apple Jelly... i was still hungry after.
TIME: 1300 Hours

Upon reaching Our FOB, A 3 man recon sniper team were given coordinates to ambush a forward observation team from RED Faction.

Another team, was to patrol the area. Again... we went further still, i was part ot the Recon team.

Command Squad was to protect the Oil Tycoon. And Through communications, maintain Cohesion in the team when accomplishing objectives

This is me in Hight Ground, waiting.. waiting and waiting... it was FREEKING HOT. My objectives, shoot the lead scout of the roving patrol, and if possible, take out any Medics and Radio Men. I was able to accomplish these opjectives, but i really had to wait for the tangoes
TIME:1430

Got back to FOB by 1900, was so tired, so i took these few shots that night... then made do with what we had... a cold open area Floor for a bed. I didnt do any mission that night since i only had a day optic on my rifle. Since our team did majority of the day time patrol, we stayed in that night, others in the squad with NVGS went out that night.

Woke up at 600hrs and by 900hrs, we boarded a 6x6. We were to wait for a local fisherman (apparently part of the game) to bring us to a beachead, 15mins by boat. there we would make a sea insertion. and in the area our last stand, attempt to bottleneck our Principals persuers.

2 Boats were needed to bring all of us

During the Beach landing.. i took most of the pics from afar, as i relayed key observation notes via radio to the landing team... honestly,no targets, no tangoes in sight i felt so useless.
TIME:1100hrs

I had another guy take my picture, as this was my last self Portrait during the whole operation.

Within the next 2 hours, we were to dig in this 3 hectare piece of land..

All civilians were requested to vacate temorarily until the operation was over.

I wasnt able to take anymore pics due to the fact that our faction was so small, 15 vs 60 (30 each from red and blue). We were very very busy... underfire... We took casualties, 7of us got hit within 2 hours, and our positions were over run. We hid in the jungle. but our objective, to protect the tycoon(who was also shooting with us) was accomplished.

1400hours, we needed a freeking bath...;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dang, looking at all of those pictures really makes me want to start playing, the only thing holding me back is a pair of goggles. Money is really tight right now but I am hoping to get them soon. Everytime I take a look at pictures like this in scenerio's like this it always makes me anxious to play. But I guess I should be patient, as that is one thing a sniper is best at.

I can't wait until I get my goggles though. As soon as I do I am going to get out and start playing as soon as possible. I already have my rifle (JG BAR-10 non-upgraded) and a Ghillie Suit (which I made myself and I think looks like crap, but a friend of mine from the marines, who just went through basic, said it was really good. I guess I won't know though until I actually get out and start playing). No sidearm as of yet because as I said, I am really strapped for cash at the moment.

Nice pics though, where was this game at by the way?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
phridum said:
That was great! Looks like a lot of fun and pretty well organized. Good job!
Thanks alot phridum! we realy enjoyed aswell, and it was all planned and overall execution by the organizers was excellent.

Were looking forward to another op a few months from now, its gonna be further and the terrain, more chalenging then this one.

I would like to share a few lessons learned though.. for the benefit of all Airsoft snipers out there.

1.) 3 Liters of water... is not enough.
2.) Never PACK LITE for a patrol
3.) "Beef Up", so you can carry all thoseGoodies in your 3day pack... all day long... Go to the Gym...(I know i have to..
)
4.) Always have a radio ready.
5.) MRES... are your best friend... until... you run out of toilet paper

6.) Knowing where you are.. is vital, least you want to die in the jungle... alone. Know how to read a map and compass

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
striker said:
Dang, looking at all of those pictures really makes me want to start playing, the only thing holding me back is a pair of goggles. Money is really tight right now but I am hoping to get them soon. Everytime I take a look at pictures like this in scenerio's like this it always makes me anxious to play. But I guess I should be patient, as that is one thing a sniper is best at.

I can't wait until I get my goggles though. As soon as I do I am going to get out and start playing as soon as possible. I already have my rifle (JG BAR-10 non-upgraded) and a Ghillie Suit (which I made myself and I think looks like crap, but a friend of mine from the marines, who just went through basic, said it was really good. I guess I won't know though until I actually get out and start playing). No sidearm as of yet because as I said, I am really strapped for cash at the moment.

Nice pics though, where was this game at by the way?
Thanks striker.. This game is in the Philippines, 150kms from Manila. Ill be posting pictures from various OPS we have here.. also share some vital info, incase there would be a milsim game in your area :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
tophatters said:
Thanks striker.. This game is in the Philippines, 150kms from Manila. Ill be posting pictures from various OPS we have here.. also share some vital info, incase there would be a milsim game in your area :)
Yea, I should be ordering my goggles this weekend... maybe. I just found out that I might have a bad bearing on my water pump somewhere as it's leaking coolant really bad. Hopefully it's just the hose they gave me as that is leaking too but who knows. As for the milsim games, are they just basically storyline airsoft games, or are they more than that?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
striker said:
tophatters said:
As for the milsim games, are they just basically storyline airsoft games, or are they more than that?
Yeap, Milsim or Military Simulation games are Airsoft Games with a Storyline. In most instances, you have less shooting and more emphasis on trekking, path finding... etc..etc:) its more exciting if you ask me:)

Firefights are more realistic, since they are less protracted

·
Registered
44 Posts
tophatters said:
Yeap, Milsim or Military Simulation games are Airsoft Games with a Storyline. In most instances, you have less shooting and more emphasis on trekking, path finding... etc..etc:) its more exciting if you ask me:)

That's awsome man, I honestly (and I have yet to play a single game in airsoft but will be starting really soon as my gf (as soon as she gets her money) is going to buy me the Bolle X500's from the net and then in a couple weeks I am going to try and find a game to go to) would like the milsim games more it seems, because of the fact that they are storyline based. I really can't wait to get out there though... I have just sighted my scope on my rifle in (well for the most part, it's shoots maybe a milimeter to a centimeter away from center) and am going to be getting some higher grade bb's really soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
striker said:
tophatters said:

That's awsome man, I honestly (and I have yet to play a single game in airsoft but will be starting really soon as my gf (as soon as she gets her money) is going to buy me the Bolle X500's from the net and then in a couple weeks I am going to try and find a game to go to) would like the milsim games more it seems, because of the fact that they are storyline based. I really can't wait to get out there though... I have just sighted my scope on my rifle in (well for the most part, it's shoots maybe a milimeter to a centimeter away from center) and am going to be getting some higher grade bb's really soon.
Good luck with that man... Post pics of your 1st airsoft game:)

On my end, theres another op comming up soon. Looks like a 12 - 24hr operation, 1 - 2 weeks from now.. ill be gearing up for that.

Ill post pics when the time comes:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
tophatters said:

On my end, theres another op comming up soon. Looks like a 12 - 24hr operation, 1 - 2 weeks from now.. ill be gearing up for that.

I will dont worry, and they will probably be showing me getting shot and not hiding very good on account of the fact I have never actually ghillied up before and tried it... but, we'll see. I'll still post some pics up when I get to a game. Unless I am too excited and forget a camera, lol
. But yea, I'll definately post pics up of my first airsoft game ever, just dont go expecting anything amazing from me, lol.

As for your next game, I can't wait to see the pics, make sure your more ghillied up this time though, with natural veg and everything. I want to see an actual pic of someone that is all ghillied up with natural veg and is in his hide.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That looks awesome. I can not wait until the berget 7. It's the largest game in Europe, and it's gonna be the awesomest game I have ever been. Tophatter(s) could you tell me how much did your gear weight? I'm Cinda of worrying right now that i may take to much stuff with me (3 guns (one is 7kg the other 3kg and a pistol), night vision optics, sleeping bag, field shovel etc.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sorry about the late reply, Tophatters. These are some of the coolest airsoft scenario pictures I've seen. It looks like you have a blast, if only there were such elaborate events around here. +1 for the great photo journal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
striker said:
tophatters said:

As for your next game, I can't wait to see the pics, make sure your more ghillied up this time though, with natural veg and everything. I want to see an actual pic of someone that is all ghillied up with natural veg and is in his hide.
lol. sure thing man.. if the Scenario calls for an actual sniper hide (Time to construct permitting)... ill definitely post my expoits in position:)

Its gonna be hard to take pictures of actual stalking taking place, without compromising the sniper crew... but ill do my best.

@Evilfish

Honestly, what i carried during that OP, along with the rest of my crew, were MISSION CRITICAL Essentials.. MRES, CLOTHES, PLASTIC BAGS, Coms Equipment, Firstaid Kit.. etc..etc... were only enough to last us36hours more or less in the game. No NON ESSENTIALS...

BUT... Nevertheless.... with my Rifle, FATBOY VERSIPACK, GHILLIE and 3day PACK..etc.. the whole kit weighed more or less 15kg, maybe more. And this went against me when trekking UPHILL during daytime, oh.. did i forget to mention i was carrying a 3ltr camelback?

Analyze youre objectives, the weather and terrain you will be working in, then decide what you will be needing :)

phridum is right, Bring a primary, a secondary, essentials.. and youre good to go.

What is worse, is that i bought myself an EBERLESTOCK Gunslinger Sniperpack to replace my Standard 3day pack, making things HEAVIER still.

I decided to sacrifice WEIGHT for VERSATILITY, (a heavier, yet more versatile pack fit for the job). Now.. i really have to go to the GYM.

@Embed
Thanks alot man, glad you liked the pics. Milsim is making waves here in the Philippines.

Ill be posting pics as soon as i could.

I hear, for the next op.. RECON/SNIPERS will be taking the lead this time, and... best news is..unlike this last OP...Hopfully i wont be the lone SNIPER in the squad

All this excitement... makes me wanna take a pee

@Snake

Yeap!:) OP: ANACONDA

·
Registered
44 Posts
tophatters said:
striker said:
lol. sure thing man.. if the Scenario calls for an actual sniper hide (Time to construct permitting)... ill definitely post my expoits in position:)

Its gonna be hard to take pictures of actual stalking taking place, without compromising the sniper crew... but ill do my best.
Alright bro thanks, and even if you only manage to get one pic, that'll be good enough. Don't worry about trying to take a bunch of pics if you think it'll compromize the team and objectives. Lemme know how the next op goes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.