Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've seen a lot of topics on bb brands and who likes what. I was just curious if people like bigger or smaller bbs for sniping, and if it depends on your inner barrel size.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Everything depends on barrel size and BB size and the gap between the two. 6.03 seems to be an accepted size around here since quality BBs are "constant" around 5.95mm and the "magic" gap seems to be about 0.08mm... if you believe in the "air cushon" concept. There are always those that believe in tighter is always better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've seen a lot of topics on bb brands and who likes what. I was just curious if people like bigger or smaller bbs for sniping, and if it depends on your inner barrel size.
A little late response but someone might find it useful.
Here's what I know has proven factual for me through testing. Tighter is better!!! I run a 6.0 inner barrel and after trying 15 (yes 15) different brands of high quality bbs, and every single time easily shot better groupings at 200ft with 5.98's vs 5.95's. It wasn't even a matter of opinion or speculation. I tested out these bbs by mounting up my gun in an actual gun vice so operator error wouldn't be a factor and started trying out all the different brands I had bought for my own personal testing. I had to use .32 bbs because that was the only weight that was available across the board in all the brands I bought and wanted my testing to be a true apples to apples test, otherwise some brands were only available in .42 (which is what I normally run) while another brand isn't available in .42 but is in .46 but each of the brands I chose all had .32's available. 10 rounds of each brand fired at paper 200ft down range and no matter what brand it was, the 5.98 size bbs beyond the shadow of a doubt consistently had far better groupings than the 5.95 bbs. It was no contest, the 5.98's won hands down!! Obviously, fps across the board was also higher with all the 5.98 vs the 5.95 also.

·
Registered
519 Posts
My theory is when some of these zombie post comes up is people don't happen to notice date of post

I certainly am guilty of it in my guitar and 3d printing forums when I started there and I don't have a "understanding" of current knowledge base was

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
My theory is when some of these zombie post comes up is people don't happen to notice date of post

I certainly am guilty of it in my guitar and 3d printing forums when I started there and I don't have a "understanding" of current knowledge base was
I am guilty of that on rare occasion. Usually with old forum software that does not display dates well, or new software with some layout that some tard thought was a good idea to not have post dates.

Modern social media like facebook, most people do not seem to care if you bring up long dead discussions (it bothers the fuck out of me FYI). Forums on the other hand are old school, and have etiquette that should be observed, lest you get yelled at by moderators, admins, and the user base.

I do get alerts now when people post in old dead threads. So that is why I am here. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed or cared as much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts