Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get an AS-02 and build it. Just came across the build a custom barrel with EDGI and was wondering if anyone has tried the 5.98mm inner barrels in a sniper and if it would be a good choice. My goal is to be capable of accurate shots up to atleast 75 yards. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I have one and I did not get any gain. If you are going to get a tight bore like that, get a 6.00mm. I hade better results from an Orga 6.00mm

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I made a 5.97 carbon fiber barrel that I like very very much, but I would never pay more than $50 for a barrel as you can simply lap a cheap one and get good results, as fancy barrels are not as good as a lapped barrel.

EdGi is about the closest to a lapped barrel as you're gonna get, so if you can afford it then I'd definitely get the 5.98 from him, stainless if possible.

That barrel will definitely help you get to 75 yards, along with a 2021 70°-85° Autobot or Decepticon you'll definitely make that goal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's your gun shooting like currently and what parts do you have.

The striker is notorious for having a low cylinder volume making it harder to use heavier bb's effectively.
That's the thing, I'm doing my research on what to get before I buy the gun. I believe they already have a 90 degree sear so I think that would be fine if I were to upgrade to the action army cylinder. I dont know if the full nemo kit work very well with the AS02 because of the barrel being only 310mm; I fear an over volume issue. Would the nemo kit be ok with the upgraded cylinder with the 430mm dual bore if I were to run a 130mm suppressor?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't have the gun, immediately don't buy it and get a VSR or something, the Striker series are bad.
You cant sway me from this. I dont want a VSR. I am getting a striker because I have had my eye on them ever since they came out. I want one because of the fact that they take AEG springs and the only area around me to play is an indoor arena. A challenge? Yes, I know that but I know that people might get a laugh out of it and I am looking to just have a good time with something impractical. I have my reasons for going with a striker and I will not be going to a different platform.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You cant sway me from this. I dont want a VSR. I am getting a striker because I have had my eye on them ever since they came out. I want one because of the fact that they take AEG springs and the only area around me to play is an indoor arena. A challenge? Yes, I know that but I know that people might get a laugh out of it and I am looking to just have a good time with something impractical. I have my reasons for going with a striker and I will not be going to a different platform.
If your in an indoor arena I wouldn't worry about reaching 75 yards (consistently without holdover) as that requires a higher fps then your field likely allows.
Also AEG springs have no advantage over vsr/aps2 springs.

Indoor capable (ish) or good consistent range you need to choose one really.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your in an indoor arena I wouldn't worry about reaching 75 yards (consistently without holdover) as that requires a higher fps then your field likely allows.
Also AEG springs have no advantage over vsr/aps2 springs.

Indoor capable (ish) or good consistent range you need to choose one really.
I want to be able to reach out to range because I have the ability to while shooting targets at my house. I want to be able to just change my spring and go to indoor but prioritize the ability to shoot long range. If I need too, I'll change out my bucking aswell. For the indoor play, AEG springs do offer a benefit because I can throw an M90 in and call it a day at 330 fps or so and just use like .23g or .25g bbs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
a 6.01 barrel will work just fine for that range, but the 5.98 may help you have tighter groupings. But, the tighter the barrel, the easier it is for dirt to cause an issue. Also, i agree with silicone sword about not getting a striker. But, its your choice and im not going to try to persuade you. There is a cheaper option tho, if you're ok with the longer gun. There's basically a cooler looking, cheaper striker just released by EMG. Its on sale rn for $130 and there's several color options. The pink option is the only one not on sale. Fully striker compatible, safety inside trigger guard, 90 degree grip angle, etc. Its the same gun but it was custom made for EMG. Its also got a nicer stock.

...or you can just get a vsr-10 lmao

·
Registered
316 Posts
I won't true to dissuade you further as I think you can gather that the striker isn't a great long range per former.

The conundrum is that you can use the rifle stock for cqb (possibly a spring change needed) but to build it for longer ranges will mean swapping out lots of parts which may make it sub optimum for cqb and still not fantastic at longer ranges.

I would start with a better hop rubber some .25 for indoors and .4 for outdoors (possibly a better spring) and see how you enjoy it without dumping too much money into it.

Be aware the cylinders on strikers are known to self detonate (aka fall to pieces and fail) with stock and high power springs very quickly.

Disclaimer my only real world usage of the strikers is an as03 briefly, so may be best to check with other users of the striker platform that have spent time with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a 6.01 barrel will work just fine for that range, but the 5.98 may help you have tighter groupings. But, the tighter the barrel, the easier it is for dirt to cause an issue. Also, i agree with silicone sword about not getting a striker. But, its your choice and im not going to try to persuade you. There is a cheaper option tho, if you're ok with the longer gun. There's basically a cooler looking, cheaper striker just released by EMG. Its on sale rn for $130 and there's several color options. The pink option is the only one not on sale. Fully striker compatible, safety inside trigger guard, 90 degree grip angle, etc. Its the same gun but it was custom made for EMG. Its also got a nicer stock.

...or you can just get a vsr-10 lmao
I looked into it and I'm going with the AS02 because it has a shorter barrel and such due to wanting to have the ability to take it cqb

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I
I won't true to dissuade you further as I think you can gather that the striker isn't a great long range per former.

The conundrum is that you can use the rifle stock for cqb (possibly a spring change needed) but to build it for longer ranges will mean swapping out lots of parts which may make it sub optimum for cqb and still not fantastic at longer ranges.

I would start with a better hop rubber some .25 for indoors and .4 for outdoors (possibly a better spring) and see how you enjoy it without dumping too much money into it.

Be aware the cylinders on strikers are known to self detonate (aka fall to pieces and fail) with stock and high power springs very quickly.

Disclaimer my only real world usage of the strikers is an as03 briefly, so may be best to check with other users of the striker platform that have spent time with it.
I know the issue with the AS02 is the cylinder and that there is a pin that holds the bolt which likes to come loose very easily and the only fix is to change the cylinder to a better one. I'm struggling on the decision because I could go for the full nemo kit but I fear that if I go for the 310mm tight bore, it'll be too much and that even if I go for the 430mm dual bore that it could still be too much air for it. That's why I asked about this barrel because if I were to get a decepticon bucking, I think that will get me the best accuracy I can while not having an over volume issue while using the Action Army Cylinder. I'm willing to spend the money on this because I have wanted a striker for a while. I've gone to the Ameoba owners group on facebook and still havent gotten a response on what I should do.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
In my opinion, tighter bores do not give you better groupings or accuracy. What they do is increase the efficiency so there is less wasted air around the bb. Thus giving you higher fps which in turn gives you better groupings or accuracy.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
A lot of fields fill tanks but I understand that some don’t. Scuba shops and other places can too, but again, I understand if none are around you. But if you get a 68-90 ci tank for a SNIPER RIFLE, air would last you a LONG time.

edit I thought you WANTED impractical 😂

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A lot of fields fill tanks but I understand that some don’t. Scuba shops and other places can too, but again, I understand if none are around you. But if you get a 68-90 ci tank for a SNIPER RIFLE, air would last you a LONG time.

edit I thought you WANTED impractical 😂
I only have an indoor arena around me and nothing else. I dont know if I have a scuba shop near me or not. The thing is, I'm not exactly looking to spend a fortune on this. I'm willing to spend about $1000-$1100

1 - 20 of 26 Posts