AA chamber $55
Barrel $EdGi expensive
Bucking $10
Line $40
Polarstar MRS $135
220 PSI spring $4
Tank $60
Pump $50

So for an entire setup with say a $130 EdGi barrel, that puts you at a smooth $800, leaving plenty left for mags, a scope, a suppressor, mag pouches, or whatever else you want such as BBs or field entry.

The cool thing about HPA is that you can simply turn the pressure on the regulator up or down and control your power from 0-4/5J, being much faster and easier than fucking around with taking your gun apart every time it comes across your mind.

Also, if you have actually played a decent amount and know for sure that you like the sport, then HPA would certainly be good, but if this is one of your early guns and you haven't played much, I'd hold up on buying any parts until you are sure that you want to run a sniper in a non sniper environment and totally get lit up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You can do a sick HPA build for that price

Gun $130
Mancraft SDiK $185
AA chamber $55
Barrel $EdGi expensive
Bucking $10
Line $40
Polarstar MRS $135
220 PSI spring $4
Tank $60
Pump $50

So for an entire setup with say a $130 EdGi barrel, that puts you at a smooth $800, leaving plenty left for mags, a scope, a suppressor, mag pouches, or whatever else you want such as BBs or field entry.

The cool thing about HPA is that you can simply turn the pressure on the regulator up or down and control your power from 0-4/5J, being much faster and easier than fucking around with taking your gun apart every time it comes across your mind.

Also, if you have actually played a decent amount and know for sure that you like the sport, then HPA would certainly be good, but if this is one of your early guns and you haven't played much, I'd hold up on buying any parts until you are sure that you want to run a sniper in a non sniper environment and totally get lit up.
Well no matter what I want to build it because even though the gun would cost about or over $1000, a bag/container of 1000 bbs is about $20 vs a box of 22lr 300 count or so at lile $30. Just as much fun but for far cheaper. I have enough space at my house to do 100 yards

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Well if it's target shooting you're looking to do, get a pellet gun such as the Artemis/Snowpeak M25, P15, or P35, a decent scope, hand pump, and a couple thousand JSB brand pellets.
For caliber, .177 and .22 are cheapest to shoot but aren't good for much else, I suggest .25 if you plan to ever shoot an animal.

Definitely look at airguns, they're everything that airsoft isn't, exactly why I do airsoft, airguns, and firearms for a well rounded shooting experience.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well if it's target shooting you're looking to do, get a pellet gun such as the Artemis/Snowpeak M25, P15, or P35, a decent scope, hand pump, and a couple thousand JSB brand pellets.
For caliber, .177 and .22 are cheapest to shoot but aren't good for much else, I suggest .25 if you plan to ever shoot an animal.

Definitely look at airguns, they're everything that airsoft isn't, exactly why I do airsoft, airguns, and firearms for a well rounded shooting experience.
Well, my reason for wanting to go airsoft is encase I would want to take it to a random field or strech of woods with some friends and do a bit of a private game or lower the fps and take it indoors. I also would really like to get into doing milsim events or even just doing one every now and then when my schedule would match up to the time that thr event takes place. Overall, it'll get used for far more than just target shooting.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Since you definitely seem like you want to stick with it regardless, or use the finished product in some way, shape or form; I’d definitely do it once do it right. If your budget is 1k, you can build something nice. If you want spring, definitely get the EdGi Nemo like mentioned earlier in the thread. If you go HPA, I’d recommend the wolverine bolt.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I only have an indoor arena around me and nothing else. I dont know if I have a scuba shop near me or not. The thing is, I'm not exactly looking to spend a fortune on this. I'm willing to spend about $1000-$1100
If that's your budget honestly get the striker and an entry level AEG (specna,G&G,Cyma). Leave the AEG stock and just buy some parts for the striker to improve plinking performance and a low power spring for cqb.

That way you can do everything. Just get some heavier weight bb's for plinking at home (not sure what the optimum weight is for that cylinder but can't imagine .36 would cause an issue to begin with).

Their is no point upgrading the rifle if you don't know what the base performance is like when your not chasing ultimate performance just good.

Edit ; since posting this you mentioned possible milsim that means either getting the Nemo kit, the Ares 07 large volume cylinder (cheaper Nemo but never seen a review if it) or HPA if you want to get higher energy output.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts