Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I just had a quick question about a barrel that I may put into my L96.

My friend who has a completely upgraded TM VSR-10 told me yesterday at the event we had gone to that he has a 5.99mm barrel. At first I thought it wasn't possible but then I remembered that the BBs aren't perfectly 6mm. He went on to telling me that that's the reason why his BBs don't go left or right when he shoots.

He was right about the no off-course BBs, because with no wind, it would just come straight out of the barrel every time. So I was just wondering if I should possibly get a 500mm 5.99m barrel for my L96?

This would be an upgrade from the 6.03 that I have in right now.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
aydonmill said:
Hi everybody, I just had a quick question about a barrel that I may put into my L96.

My friend who has a completely upgraded TM VSR-10 told me yesterday at the event we had gone to that he has a 5.99mm barrel. At first I thought it wasn't possible but then I remembered that the BBs aren't perfectly 6mm. He went on to telling me that that's the reason why his BBs don't go left or right when he shoots.

He was right about the no off-course BBs, because with no wind, it would just come straight out of the barrel every time. So I was just wondering if I should possibly get a 500mm 5.99m barrel for my L96?

I would keep the 6.03 but if you really wanted tightness get a 6.02

This would be an upgrade from the 6.03 that I have in right now.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
My rifle tends to find dirt, mud, and all kinds of crap during a game. Some of that is bound to get in my barrel. Therefore, a 5.99mm barrel would be a major pain in the ass and worry on the field.

My opinion, it is too risky to use on the field. I'd rather have slight slight slight worse performance, and maintain a clean enough barrel to keep the bbs flying 24/7.

·
Registered
506 Posts
5.99 TBB increasing performance? I'm calling BS. That is minimally tighter than a 6.00, which has no noticeable increase in performance over a 6.01. Your fps might increase a bit, sure, but as a sniper, you can just go with a better spring, these aren't AEG's where you need to squeeze out every bit of power out of the spring, for the sake of the GB, especially in high power builds.

This barrel will, IMO, give you worse accuracy at range because of the off axis spin induced from the sides of the barrel. Close range, you won't see much difference, but at long range, you might have a drop of in accuracy... kinda counter intuitive don't ya think?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
awagg said:
5.99 TBB increasing performance? I'm calling BS. That is minimally tighter than a 6.00, which has no noticeable increase in performance over a 6.01. Your fps might increase a bit, sure, but as a sniper, you can just go with a better spring, these aren't AEG's where you need to squeeze out every bit of power out of the spring, for the sake of the GB, especially in high power builds.

This barrel will, IMO, give you worse accuracy at range because of the off axis spin induced from the sides of the barrel. Close range, you won't see much difference, but at long range, you might have a drop of in accuracy... kinda counter intuitive don't ya think?
Exactly. I have just been too lazy to write large posts of late

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@fuzzy -- Because of my barrel length, I have a big suppressor, so I don't think a lot of debris has ever gotten close to my barrel. But I know what you mean, and I won't take the chance :)

@awagg, grass -- I know what you guys are talking about and I don't even know where my friend found a 5.99mm barrel but he says they make them only down to 5.98mm yet I still couldn't find one. I am just going to stick with my 6.03, I was just asking what you guys thought about the super tight bores :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.