Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I think there was an upgrading procedure stickied somewhere. If you do get the r-hop, which is a good idea, then skip the m-nub and just use some nerf dart foam as a nub. EDIT: Shoot, Cheese beat me to it by about 5 seconds.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Yes, but skip getting the m-nub and use something else like nerf dart foam which is cheap, readily available, and will do the same job. There was a thread on how to install the nerf dart foam nub recently. I made a whole thread in the updates/support/feedback section about how to find what you are looking for by searching for it on the forum and in google.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Bingo. Actually, just an R-hop is fine, you can DIY an M-nub.

Save the rest for when you can buy a PDI chamber and nice barrel and/or a Z-trig.
Doesn't the UTG 96 come with a 90 degree system though? I'm sure it could handle a spring a little stiffer than the stock one for a good amount of time. The piston is what I would be worried about, being plastic and all. You could run that till it breaks, then Z-Trig/piston it.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
BBs are a must. A computer is only as slow as it's slowest part. The same applies to airsoft guns.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would say that before you start upgrading springs and everything, upgrade parts that improve accuracy and the longevity of your gun such as an improved hop up, a metal trigger box, steel sears, high pressure piston, etc. and then you can go to increasing power with a stronger spring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.