Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a 555mm 6.01 vsr tight bore worth it? i want the 6.01 for max precision. but its just so expencive, when the 6.03 is only 70 bucks, anyone have to make this decision before? what did you decide on? anyone try both .03 and .01? major differances? another debate im having with myself is that with a 6.01 it might jam my, as i am crawling around in loose sand/dirt

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
With a 6.01, any dirt in the barrel will totally throw off the accuracy. The gun could jam up and possibly do harm to the inner barrel. This can happen with any barrel, but its more likely with a 6.01.

I use a 6.03 prometheus barrel which is very high quality. Durable and not to pricey either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Consistency of the bore along the length of the barrel and surface finish are the most important factors to accuracy. A tighter bore gives more FPS but it's going to a better quality barrel that improves accuracy. It's tighter tolerances and higher quality control that add to manufacturing costs not tools that are marginally different in diameter. 6.01's are more expensive due to marketing reasons.

If you're in the USA, EdGI barrels are cheap (not much more than Laylax/Prometheus), but if you're overseas, they skyrocket to the price range of PDI's due to shipping. I've used Laylax, Prometheus and EdGI barrels and don't see much difference apart from price. I wouldn't buy another 6.01 because they're not worth the money IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Mainly, they are not worth the money because they are not what us snipers are looking for. Maybe for cqb, a 6.01mm barrel wouldn't be all bad, because a 6.01mm barrel is good for closer ranges. But when using a sniper rifle, we want to have the accuracy at longer ranges. Thus, get a 6.03 or 6.04 barrel. This will provide you with more accuracy at longer ranges, while still maintaining accuracy at the closer ranges too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm going to bump this, rather than another thread, so earlier in the discussion one person said a 6.03 to a 6.01 will have almost no noticeable difference, so i assume going from a stock 6.05 barrel to a laylax 6.03 wont to much either, correct? but at the same time, i remember reading that you only really pay for the tolerances the manufacturers have on their products, since i have a stock barrel i assume the company that made it, didn't have very good tolerances, and that if i get a laylax they would have a high tolerance. thus making the laylax more accurate and consistent due to high manufacturer tolerances even if it were the same bore.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You know I heard the Tanaka comes stock with a 6.01mm barrel in it. I don't know about the tolerances because it is stock. Anyway when people do accuracy tests they generally do it from a relitively close distance like say from 30ft. If the diferences between the qroupings are small like an inch or two, that can turn into a foot or two at 200+ ft. And plus you don't get any fliers in a precision tightbore barrel.

·
Registered
207 Posts
OK, timeout, you guys are making my head spin.

First off tanaka's DO NOT have stock 6.01s. Second, all the tight bore barrel does is increase the air/gas pressure inside the barrel propelling the bb' faster. Third, there is a bigger difference between 6.03 and a 6.01 than a 6.05 and a 6.03. And finally,

HE ALREADY BOUGHT THE BARREL FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!

God love you all but you guys need to know when to stop.

And dooooodsteven, there's a modify button in the top right hand corner.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don´t want to make a new topic, so I hope it is ok to ask here.

I am looking for some very high quality inner barrel for Tanaka m700. I found EDGI barrel 6.01 or 6.00 for 120$. Do you think guys it worth? I save money for this upgrade, so I just need to know, it is good deal or not.

Thank you for any suggestions

·
Registered
22 Posts
Really? That is interesting. Is here any topic about, why 6.03 is giving better results than 6.01? I want buy G&G hop up chamber.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well, stock diameter is 6.08 as the bb's used to be 6mm instead 5.95mm as they are now.
The reason it was chosen to be 6.08 instead of lets say 6.01 might be that engineers found out it worked better, so it's now the standard for barrels, but the bbs have gone from 6mm to 5.95mm, so 6.03mm is "better".

But if you want to get straight shots as possible, you want a straight, good quality barrel with good crowning.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.