Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In short, do any exist? I'm looking for one so that I can increase the consistency of my UTG L96 at longer ranges. I've been having issues of bbs going astray around what I think is 125 to 150 ft. I've read all the science behind having a diameter of 6.03mm for the inner barrel being arguably the best balance for keeping the power and accuracy for the longer shots. Only problem is all of the inner barrels that are the right length for the l96 are 6.01mm or less which is just redundant in my opinion. If anyone knows where I could find a 6.03 495mm precision inner barrel please let me know. If anyone has any other advice on how to help me increase my rifles consistency as well I'd be happy to take advice. I'm also not sure if this would be a good thread for the consistency advice, though thats really up to the mods, so just to be safe please PM me if you would like to give any.

-Recon337-

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just go for the 500mm M16A1/2 and AUG barrel. That extra .5cm won't matter. Are you looking for a specific cut, because the 500mm is usually only AEG cut. Also, if you need something exact, ask EdGI, he'll make you one... cut, length, everything!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know about getting the new hop up chamber. My problem is just finding the correct length barrel. I think I will ask Edgi though. Is he a member on here? Also are his barrels as precise as some of the higher end ones you can buy?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know about getting the new hop up chamber. My problem is just finding the correct length barrel. I think I will ask Edgi though. Is he a member on here? Also are his barrels as precise as some of the higher end ones you can buy?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Recon337 said:
http://www.edgicustom-usa.com/dealers.php

For EDGI Barrels.

EDGI barrels sold the rights and the name to Satoru Industries in 2010, EDGI barrels are now manufacturd and distributed by Satoru. They are not custom hand made by the guy who origionally started making edgi barrels anymore. While he still may be hand making them you will have to hit him up on the phillipino airsoft forum. The newer ones that you can buy from various retailers are still high quality barrels but I dont think they are as good as the origionals.

I may be wrong on some of the specifics but this is what I was told by a representative for satoru industries when the deal first happened last year.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Can this be moved to the general section? The purpose of creating the reviews section was to post reviews if I'm not mistaken. Nothing against anyone thats postere here, great conversation, but I'd just hate to see this section slip into "Can we review XYZ" instead of actually having reviews in it...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Ah I see... 455mm to 500mm has proven to be the "sweet spot" for most rifles, depending on C:B ratio/BB weight. As far as ~495mm v. 450mm, from what I have seen it depends on the gun. I tested my ASR with the stock 455, 463 and 480(?). From my tests I decided the 463 worked best with that gun and the setup I had. All were 6.03 and from a few different manufacturers. I have a 509mm 6.03 Prommy in my DMR though.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Do you have an article on that? Cause I was thinking about a monster 650-700mm barrel for my VSR... Along with a "silencer" to make it fit. Bad idea? I also heard the same thing you did, but I thought it was for aegs.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
When a barrels volume exceeds that of the cylinder the bb tends to bounce more inside the barrel rather then have a cushion of air around it thus making it more accurate. I would say under 500mm and over 450mm would be the best for the L96 type. I have a 455mm and It shoots rather nice. Better then my friends 550mm in terms of groupings. So never put a damn PSG-1 barrel in any gun. (Unless it has some huge unearthly piston)

Also google it there is many a debate on this topic, proofs included though.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Well then it applies even more on an AEG as it's cylinder is actually smaller so a shorter barrel is necessary. The exception is if the gun has a high rate of fire cause then there can be multiple bbs in the barrel at once so it only means the volume from one bb to the next.

·
Registered
506 Posts
No... the whole barrel suck thing/multiple bbs has been widely disproven. The math said you'd need around a 8 foot barrel, shooting at 60 rps, and 250 fps. In short... not gonna happen.

And also, if you have a "bore up" you can fit a slightly longer barrel... but for that money?
But I'll try to google the bouncing bb theory.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I wasn't even remotely referring to the dis-proven barrel suck myth. I was saying it applies less to a gun with a high rate of fire as there is more than one bb in the barrel do the piston is going so fast that it only needs to pump the volume of one bb to the next into the barrel instead of the entire barrel from semi auto of a slower rate of fire.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.