Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just looking for some help on this one.

I know that George has the 6mm rifle, but I am really jonesing for the 8mm version. And I do not want the shell ejecting version. yes it is cool and all, but I don't need it nor want it. Because I know I will loose shells left and right for it.

I do want to use it in games and what not, so I want to hold as many 8mm bbs as I can

Any help would be great guys.... because for some reason my "google-fu" is really low today.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't believe Ares ever made an 8mm version. As far as I know there are two separate models in production.

Ares makes a 6mm spring or gas powered non shell ejecting rifle.

Socom Gear makes an 8mm shell ejecting gas in shell rifle.

That's all I know.

G

·
Here's an article I just looked for. It has some ideas as to what you COULD do if you just bought the shell-ejection model. It says that you could put your hand over it and wait until it pops out and put it away. Or you could do what Hoggie said and make a type of "bullet catch".

http://www.airsoft-obsessed.com/SOCOM-Gear-CheyTac.html

EDIT: I just read two articles that told of the person making them out of cardboard. They just cut out a little 3 inch by 3 inch square (x4) (but in your case, you may need bigger depending on the length of the shell) and just spray painted it and taped it on there with double-sided tape. If I could find some pictures, I'll be sure to make another edit.

EDIT: After 2 minutes of looking, I found something that is of the sort. Of course, this picture is of a bb catch that is used mainly for target practice, but I'm pretty sure that you know what it would look like

http://www.dpciwholesale.com/images/P/p-1965.jpg

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips guys... But I know there is an 8mm non shell ejecting rifle out there! I have seen videos of them, but I can't for the life of me find any info on them, or remember what brand it was.

The shell ejecting is a cool thing, but I am not one to go and find my brass.... that and how consistent can those shells be? I mean you fill one a little bit more than the next..... the fps wont be the same.

G

·
woogie said:
Thanks for the tips guys... But I know there is an 8mm non shell ejecting rifle out there! I have seen videos of them, but I can't for the life of me find any info on them, or remember what brand it was.

The shell ejecting is a cool thing, but I am not one to go and find my brass.... that and how consistent can those shells be? I mean you fill one a little bit more than the next..... the fps wont be the same.
That is true. I think that may be the only downside to something that has the shell ejecting feature. But if I were to get this, since there aren't any upgrades (as far as I know anyway) I wouldn't really care. I'd use it regardless of the fact, you've got a beast sniper rifle that is almost like the real thing!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just spent 15 minutes trawling the net for anything that said "8mm non shell ejecting"...
I never want to see the words "SOCOM Gear M200 shell ejecting sniper rifle" ever again!
It seems that SOCOM Gear have paid Google to remove all other info about M200s from the internet lol.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I have been seeing that as well blackfoot.

While I was looking as well the only thing that I could really come up with, was if it was a limited time run, or if the rifle was a proto-type rifle.

But I am at a loss as well.....

Though wonder how hard it would be to make one...... hmmm

·
Registered
506 Posts
In google, if you type in a "-" in front of a word you don't want to show up in your search, it throws out all searches with this. So you'd type "SOCOM Gear M200 sniper rifle -shell -ejection -shells -eject" or something like that. I also looked around, and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
205 Posts
awagg said:
In google, if you type in a "-" in front of a word you don't want to show up in your search, it throws out all searches with this. So you'd type "SOCOM Gear M200 sniper rifle -shell -ejection -shells -eject" or something like that. I also looked around, and couldn't find anything.
Thanks for that, I knew there was something you could do to cut out all the rubbish but I couldn't remember what it was...
Now I'm going to hit Google with a vengeance!

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
LeStath from Norway is trying to convert a VFC Barrett from 8mm to 6mm you could ask him how has he done it. He hang out on AirsoftForum he's the one who bought Wonko's WA2K.
But I warn you 8mm [email protected] in terms of accuracy, I'm actually looking for the marushin M1 Garand that's 8mm GBB this is awesome gun.

Wolf

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Timm said:
Woogie, the Shells for the Socom Gear don't hold the gas, the bolt itself does. I've been reading up on both models and im fairly confident im going with the Ares.
I wonder if it is HPA tapable.........

That would be amazing, you could make a +$1000 gun shoot like one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.