Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.operationeastwind.com/

Operation East wind sounds like I fun time with 24/7 game play if anyones interested.

http://www.operationeastwind.com/forum/index.php?topic=981.0

Here is a link to NATO "snipers", I won't be going, because I won't pay 200$ to play as a grunt instead of a sniper. If I wanted the feel of real military life as a grunt, I'd join the military. As I said though sounds like great fun for anyone who doesn't want the down and dirty sniper role.

I was alittle annoyed at this "If I send an average airsoft sniper team out, I

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
if you are too proud to know when you need to learn something or if you are just looking for 9 days of solid "3, 2,1, go" speedball action you had better just stay home and play X-box. East Wind will not be your thing.
This sounds like the real deal. Sounds like a lot of fun, and a great challenge. Won't be able to go, due to school, funds, and location of the event.

But if anyone makes it out to it, would love to see some pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Tux, indeed it was rude, and like a slap in the face.

However, please use proper grammar and punctuation in the future. Its a rule here and is being enforced more than in the past.

Thank you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am looking at attending this event in 2012, so I might be able to get you all some pictures. Since I will have around a year and a half to prepare for the event, I will be talking to the host. If anyone has any good arguments against his or any possible compromises other than the one I have proposed so far, please feel free to let me know. If it comes down to it I will sign up to be on a Recon/Scout squadron and play with my sniper rifle and an M16A2(backup). It sounds like I would be able to work very close to the sniper fashion playing this way. I hope that I will be able to prove to the host the benefits of a 'skilled and practiced scout/sniper.' He also gave a list of skills that he would require to allow a sniper team, I plan on 'mastering' those prior to the event in hope of even just a slight possibility of a sniper team. My goal now is to work until approved sniper teams are eventually allowed. If anyone is interested in attending int 2012(as long as the world has not ended), let me know! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Soldierofvalor didnt you know that we will all be dead by then ;) haha just kidding. On a more serious note, this seems pretty damn legit and a lot of fun. I as well cant make it considering the location of the event. Who ever is going, good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well I read all three pages of that thread where you guys said hes rude.

I dont think he is. I think he is attempting to portray a very very down to earth realistic situation. And in that context, he has outlined what a sniper can do.

Remember in the early days the Rangers were individuals taken from line platoons, trained at Ranger school and returned to their units. They were not sent off to be special forces and preform black op extreme missions. Nope they were back in regular line duty.

In this particular situation, they have very generalized dutys. They said time and again that they would love to have you onboard and they can make use of your skills. But this is their operation, and their rules. And their outline of who goes where and what they do.

And they even said you would be very valuable as a sniper. So heck ya, go for it. Id give it a try, but I dont have either a Kate or a M-16. Guess that means I gotta buy more guns. LoL, darn the hard luck.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I agree with Ronin.....

The guy seems very much to want to play by the rules, and only those rules.

I can see trying to keep it as real as possible, but it still sucks that you need to use specific rifles, or you can't play the role.

And honestly how many actual snipers will be playing airsoft? I am sure there are a few, but I am sure that they have better things to be doing... ;) Now I know there are a few, heck we have one here in our ranks.

I have been to games where the rules were much MUCH stricter. But it also added to the game. And to be honest if you don't like the rules, you probably wont like the game, and the game probably isn't for you.

The game I go to every year is around the same idea.... I sit back at my fob and wait for a mission to come up. Then and only then do I get to run as a true recon sniper. But not untill then. It is part of the game, and I enjoy it.

Just isn't for everyone.

If I could make it to colorado, I would be there in a heart beat. But I live to far away and can't get there.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Oh man they need to do a history check, because what they are doing is running a event that is more like a American force vs a Russian force. Also they are 2 steps away from saying no bolt actions, I dont even really see why they make it that hard to play. Not only that, if you dont have the right gear they tell you that you cant play thats some B.S. I agree with soldier, they want you to play by the rules that they set up as they go. Man, asco should include one more s, I mean I dont even live there and they piss me off.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think there is some confusion here. That Operation is going to be hosted in Oklahoma, not Colorado(I wish). I am fine with their rules being so strict, they want only the dedicated and elite to come, and they know there are enough people willing to abide by their rules to make the event a success. I do wish they could do a couple more history checks; snipers back then were not always grouped with a squad. They make it seem like us asking for one or two sniper teams of around 6 people per force will turn the event into a "sniper event" when there will be hundreds of players there. Also, for some unknown reason the host, and he says it himself, 'knows' that if the "Cold War went hot".. That scout/sniper teams would not be used. That is the main part I don't understand, I guess we are just going to have to make them want us there(as tuxedopenguin said)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.