Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I might be sewing a high strength Fishing net onto a double reinforced blanket that I dyed OD green. Do you think that this is a good idea, or should I just grab one of my desert BDUs , dye and use that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I looked a Ghillie Blanket today online. Looked to be very effective for camping and controlling an area but otherwise useless if you plan to move. I think it would make a very large and discernable path on the ground that would be easy to follow if you moved any distance at all in it? The pictures I viewed literally had the subject disappear into the surroundings once the pulled the blanket over them, good luck and post some pics when you finish.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, I honesty hope that it will be as good as I hope. The field that I play at isn't the kind of field that a sniper wants to move around alot at because their are alot of vantage points for the enemies to see me. So I won't be doing to much moving around.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The issues with the Ghillie Blanket are that they are meant to create a "hide" (Camouflaged Bunker)
but to make an effective hide you need to get into an area unseen gather local flora and blend it into the blanket.

Does your field give you that kind of time?

I have used blankets to great success.. but the best thing I did with it was cut a hole in the middle of it large enough for my head to fit through. Now when I need to move it slips on like a poncho.. and off I go.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I can hear it now mojo....

Hey look over there, I think I see a prarie dog over there........ Wait a minute, something looks funny about that dog? It is mange or something.... nope... it just has a really huge head?!?!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Camo netting is a good base format (adding jute/burlap soon:) ). I have used one very effectively in long-range type engagements because your main movements are hidden behind the blanket. You could also use it for surveillance of a certain area if you blend it with natural vegetation (obviously)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Let me know how this works out for you furrycowthingy, maybe get some picture up?
I have been thinking for a while now of doing a poncho, like Mojo suggested, for my next suit and I'd love to see what I could do about combining a larger blanket with the poncho design(as my poncho was originally going to just be netting and only reach to my hips-knees)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Warmth and a guaranteed solid base color, also you don't have the added veg scratching the S*** out of you. Its probably easier to make a hide with; more stable. Solely netting would probably get caught on things more often because there is more net exposed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.