Hello, since this gun is awesome and beats the finish on the Snow Wolf and CYMA M24 version and also nice to your wallet since few spare parts needs to be bought. I'm gonna make a little guide with the mods i've done to get this baby up and running with precision that beats the SSG24, and yes i've tested 2 of them and weren't that impressed. Even mates with fully PDI kitted guns is amazed how this gun runs for the little amount of money put into it.
The gun comes with 90 degree steel zero trigger with steel sears. Steel cylinder, aluminium piston and a steel springguide with bearings. The downside is that there is no aftermarket hopupunits, its a VSR style house, although a bit smaller.
So what i've done to the gun is the following:
-Shims made out aluminium cans, running the length of the hopuphouse to stabilize it, was alot of wobble before this. Also some sugru on the pin holding the arm to stabilize it even more. With this its rock solid. No need to buy a dangerwerx arm.
- King Arms VSR10 air seal rubber. Teflon tape running along the whole rubber ending a inch or two along the barrel. Almost perfect airseal.
- Guarder 6.03 520mm VSR precision barrel.
- Made 3 barrel spacers out of masking tape to stabilize the inner barrel.
- Glued a piece of o-ring on the hopuparm for even pressure on the hopup rubber.
- Swapped the screws in chinesium to steel ones
With this, the precision is awesome and consistent.
- Dampers out of SUGRU on the pistonhead and nozzlehead, this silence the gun alot and reduce wear and tear, the original damper was crap and just crumbled after a few shots.
- Element M145 spring, puts out around 580 FPS. Just installed a M155, will update FPS on that. (P.S only 11mm spring will fit into the original piston. Many upgrade springs are 13mm in outer diameter)
- Teflon tape on the threads on the nozzlehead.
- Swapped the o-ring on the piston, the original was crap. Dimension on the o-ring is 17x2.5mm.
With the airsoftpro M155 spring the gun puts out 595 fps, not the biggest change but still ok.
Only had to glue a piece of plastic in the magwell since the magazines wasnt pressed up against the hopuphouse and i had feeding problems, after this i've had no problems. Might just be my example, i've tested another A&K and there was no problem there.
The magazines can be quite a pain in the *ss to find, although there is a Snow Wolf version using the exact same mags. Ive bought 3 of them and have had no problems.
Edit: I'm gonna put this up and add parts i tested that fit, still waiting on borrowing some more stuff to test with.
Snow Wolf Zero trigger, perfect fit and works with A&K.
Sugru on piston and nozzle