Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i got a bold action A & K SVD SSR sniper and it auctally works really good, it is 520 FPS with .2 gram and ~490 with .28 and fires steright, standing 3.5 feet tall this thing is a monster! Only complaint is that it came with a screw missing and i need to get a replacement, but i was REALLY surprised with the quality of this gun.

Specs.

600mm Inner tight bore barrel
490-520 FPS
Adjustable iron sights
Adjustable hop up
30 and 60 round mags
full metal body and gearbox, stock is high grade plastic
max range: ~350-400 feet

For a company like A & K that mainley produces mid-quality guns, this sniper is really nice, and for only $80 (USD) on airsplat!

Anyone else have an A & K sniper or anything else by them?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I was looking at videos of this rifle just last night, and had considered getting one for myself. The rumor is, they are better built than the originals, which had lost of issues.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The rifle seems quite easy to work on, has very nice stock internal components, is mildly upgradeable, and is quite a looker.

Amazoon is selling this rifle for $78 direct from Airsplat and Evike has a scope and mount to fit this rifle. The scope costs $120, but would look great matched up to this platform.

O/T: WE is making a GBB version of the SVD; I hope it comes out in the not-so-distant future...

·
Registered
562 Posts
A&K also makes an AEG version of it and as Dragon64 said WE will release a GBB version and so is Real Sword!!
I'm waiting fir the RS version to be honest though it seems it will cost around $1000.

Wolf
I saw where Cyma had an AEG version; I assume that it is the same as the A&K... The Real Sword GBB is sweet looking, but for 1000 clams, I would rather have the M76 real steel. I suppose we are months away from either the RS or WE rifles from coming, so the A&K is cheap enough to get in the interim.

I found out that if I order the A&K SVD through Amazon, and apply for an Amazon credit card at the same time, I can get the SVD for only $28 :yup: oh yes. Makes the $120 SVD?AK style scope worth the price of admission now.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Depends, the build quality seems to be pretty good, but most every video has a complaint about the bolt pull. Because of the 150 spring, the pull is very hard on small arms and fingers.

·
Registered
562 Posts
This is the scope I will get for mine...

It is expensive when compared to the rifle, but it completes the look of the Dragunov...

Of course, there is another way to scope the Dragunov...

If the owner of the above rifle is a member on this forum, and I offend you... :lmao:

Just kidding...

Seriously, I'm all about functionality, but I also believe in simulated realism for airsoft. Besides, 4X24 magnification is all you need in airsoft.

·
Administrator
6,266 Posts
Many A&K SVD's have issues with the outer barrel being bend!
There are a few mods to fix that also for the small bolt handle and hard pull a friend of mine removed the second spring, the one that pushes the bolt forward, so it's much easier now.

Also I agree with the SVD scope, it may be more expensive but it adds tho the look. Though I thing the western type scope are better!
I have a real steel POSP 6x24 on my RS SVD it's good but the illumination [email protected] and I can't seem to zero it correctly! It fires a bit lower than the crosshair and I can't adjust it further more!

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,266 Posts
In order to use the iron sight you should also remove the cheek rest!!
That's the great thing about Russian guns... Even with the POSP scope on the gun you can still use the iron sight only by removing the cheek rest!
Try do that with any other sniper rifle/DMR!

Wolf

·
Registered
562 Posts
Looks like the recommended BB weight is .36 and up, with more emphysis on the up... say .43g etc. The spring shoots hot, so a heavier weight BB would theoretically be more accurate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.