Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
So would a standard M4/M16 ris be able to be mounted on this?

How about a different outer barrel (specifically one with threads for a flashhider)?

I'd like to make my SR25 into an OBR 7.62
If the mount on the upper fits your chosen outer barrel any M4 style RIS should fit with the coresponding delta ring for that RIS :yup:

·
Registered
951 Posts
I thought you needed a special tool for this? The CA URX needs a special tool (very long tube with 4 prongs, if im correct) to loosen/tighten the freefloat ris. I have no clue if this is true for the A&K though. I think you could even make the tool yourself.

I could make pics monday, when i'm back at the workshop.

edit: duh or i could just google it:

http://www.foxairsoft.com/external-...ar10/classic-army-sr25-urx-installation-tool/

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yea but I don't know if a standard m4/m16 barrel will fit.
Yup, it should..... I interchanged all sorts of front ends, outer barrels and RISs between my M16 and SR when I had them :shrug:

All you sould be aware of is you might need to manufacture some of the shims that allow the RIS to sit square to your upper and be able to tighten the delta ring properly..... and no, no special tools required, like I mentioned above.... 2 adjustable plumbing grips is all I used :yup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.