Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting an a&k sr25 sometime in the future, but I also wanted an assault rifle, because my sr25 was going to be used as a sniper, so I was wondering if there are any full upper recievers on the market that would fit right in by just popping on the pins, putting it on and creating a much shorter rifle, if there is then I want it to be less than $220 because thats what I would be spending on an m4 if I were to get an assault rifle.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Your intention is to build the SR-25 into a sniper rifle,what is your fps goal?Im asking because the GB is going to be setup as a sniper GB,or so you say,but you want to share the lower with an upper setup as basically an assault rifle.If your fps is really high,most places will only allow you to fire in semi,and will demand select fire to be permanently disabled.Assault weapons are generally select fire.If you play with MED's you will run into a problem if your fps is high aswell.You will also need two inner barrels,and two hopups.

Its a cool idea,and could be made more practical if you had a GB with the quick spring change feature like an ARES,or if you had an HPA driven GB.Given the differences of the two types of rifles,it would be pretty tough to pull off your idea practically with a standard GB.If you were to try it,you would arrive at nothing more than an accurized rifle,and an assault rifle IMO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I was able to pull it off, I would down-grade to 400 fps, it's just an idea I thought I'd throw out there, and yes an interchangeable spring would be nice, I probably won't end up doing this, but I thought I would just get some ideas.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well you got my hopes up that someone was actually going to do this. Haha. And to address the whole FPS limit thing, I think having it right at 400(standard FPS) and you had two different barrels and hop-up set ups, you would be able to have two varying uppers. You could have your longer upper with a 6.01 barrel and a nice soft bucking, and on the other hand have a 6.03 barrel and a little harder bucking as to increase the reliability during hard full auto firing. And if your local field requires semi auto even at 400 if you are acting as a sniper, I have heard of people wiring in a thing like a mosfet that will disable semi auto when its plugged in. I will hopefully do this project in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.