Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A&K SVD and PSO (Real-steel Scope)

When I first got into airsoft, my son and I purchased twin WELL L96 clones. This past weekend, he asked if we could do it again, only this time he wants to get an SVD. After watching videos on the rifle all weekend, he has decided he wants the A&K SVD, along with the PSO-1 Matrix cloned scope (EVIKE). The real-steel PSO-1 scopes used to be had for the same price, but I just could not find any for less than $300, so a clone it is.

We have not purchased them yet, I'm waiting to see if he is still serious enough to go through with it first...

The A&K SVD gets really high marks for a nice affordable rifle that shoots nice right out of the box. I looked at videos and preliminary reviews of the WE AceVD, and it is not looking too good for them... Too bad, I was going to get it, buit do not need another POS airsoft rifle.

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
Actually the WE AceVD is modeled after the Real Sword so I'm guessing it's going to better at least externally, internally it looks like it's a regular WE... RATech will release steel upgrades for, that's for sure!

The A&K have so issues with their hop up and with barrel wobble, you'd need to work on them right out of the box.

Wolf

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The WE Ace VD is getting a bad rap over at Arnie's, the reviewer states that he is having a number of issues with the rifle. If WE can get the bugs worked out, I will get their rifle when it becomes available stateside... I would hope they can get it right, as the rifle has promice.

For $110 I can fix barrel wobble, and mess with the hop-up on the A&K SVD. My son is really wanting this, so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I found a link on this forum posted by inthetallgrass for a real steel PSO scope (not the PSO-1) that I believe I am going to order. Here is the link:

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/riflescopes/bushnell%2C-leupold%2C-nnc%2C-and-misc-scopes/p/psl-fpk-romanian-military-surplus-side-mount-scope%2C-4x/cPath/203_208_509/products_id/1163RS

Since airsoft rifles have trouble with accuracy anyways, I thought I would at least put a nice scope on our rifles to ensure our optics are not junk. The Matrix knock-off at EVIKE gets bad reviews on other forums.

EDIT: I ordered two scopes from J&G Sales, and I ordered two A&K SVD Dragunovs from Airsoft GI... Here is to hoping that I get good rifles and scopes in hand, and not junk... these orders are always scary given the reputation of most airsoft rifles, I have a 50/50 at getting a rifles that shoots nice out of the box. To their credit, most of my good luck has been with spring rifles.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The scopes you've ordered should be good quality seeing as you've ordered them off which seems to be a good looking gun shop/smith. Eastern bloc never seems to fail too! :tup:

Zero

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks zero, looks like the scopes will work just fine. I got shipping confirmation from J&G Slaes, so we should have our scopes by the weekend. Still waiting on the Rifle order confirmation... but I'm not worried about Airsoft GI.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Make sure to look up a mounting guide for AK style mounts and scopes if you can't figure out how to tighten the scope to the mounting block. I had a hard time figuring it out when I bought a red dot for my 74-u way back when.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kalinkaoptics.com usually has PSOP type scopes on the cheap, they have the 4x, 6x and 3-9 variables too.
I started there first... those PSO-1 scopes were priced to keep me away. They have a great selection of scopes, that I did not know existed.

Make sure to look up a mounting guide for AK style mounts and scopes if you can't figure out how to tighten the scope to the mounting block. I had a hard time figuring it out when I bought a red dot for my 74-u way back when.
J&G Sales has a link posted on the page that I ordered my scope from, that contains a downloadable manual:

http://www.jgsales.com/manuals/pos1.pdf

Good stuff, nice read.

You need to have SVD scope mount or the scope will sit too high and will not look so good!
My RS POSP came with AK mounts and I ordered the correct mount from kalinkaoptics.

Wolf
Thanks Wolf, do you have a direct link to the mount you ordered? I'm still not exactly sure what I am looking at.

What I like about this scope and rifle combo is, when WE gets the kinks worked out on their Ace VD, then I can just slip it under my nice glass...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The pics of the scopes I bought from the J&G Sales website look just like the SVD scope mount you have pictured, but I won't know for sure until these arrive. I hope they are the correct mounts.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
These scopes will either be PSL or FPK Romanian military surplus side mount scopes. Though not a true PSO-1 SVD scope, they will be of much better quality than the clone scopes I hope... and I won't miss the lighted optics that I would never use anyway.

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
Even the real steel scopes are not that great!!
I'd like a real Made In Russia PSO-1 but these are very hard to find and it's illegal to be exported from Russia!

So I'm pretty happy with the POSP (Made in Belarus).

Wolf

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you have any recent pics of your SVD and scope combo that you couldm post...?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The only issue I had with my PSL-54 was there was quite a bit of slop with the locking lever, its a bit of a pain if you dont have a spanner wrench, but its doable with a screwdriver to tighten it up and snug it up to the rail. My 8xs from Kalinka fit nice and tight on my Tigr and S&T SVD though.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I only have this one of the whole gun

A bit better quality but with the WA2K

And this is the scope...

If you want anything particular I could take some of it.

Wolf
Wolf, sorry I asked you to post those pics... I just looked over your sniper rifle picture thread, and you had already posted them... but thank you all the same, they are great shots!

The only issue I had with my PSL-54 was there was quite a bit of slop with the locking lever, its a bit of a pain if you dont have a spanner wrench, but its doable with a screwdriver to tighten it up and snug it up to the rail. My 8xs from Kalinka fit nice and tight on my Tigr and S&T SVD though.
I had not heard of the S&T SVD, so I looked it up. Looks like an ok rifle, how does it shoot? The scope on this PSL-54 sure looks familiar...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.