Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am not that much familiar with gas guns so I could use some opinions about my idea: Buying a CO2 kit for the A&K SVD and converting it to a self-loading blowback rifle. Would it be possible? I have thought that i would have to machine the bolt from aluminium and maybe do some other modifications to other parts of the gun. Main reason for my idea is that there isnt any proper gas-blowback SVD's on the market. Thank you for helping!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't think it would be possible with the CO2 conversion. How ever, if you had a CAD program, and access to CNC equipment, or just out source to a metal shop, you could make your own mech using the base of some kind of GBB pistol. It would be a lot of work but the end product would be hell of a lot better quality, and way more bad ass. This would take a lot of time and money though. That's the main issue with builds like this. $$$$$

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i do have acces to cnc machines and I have AutoCad and SurfCam programs, The problem is I would like the rifle to chrono at about 180m/s. How can I achieve that with a pistol mechanism?

·
Registered
160 Posts
For sure. Try looking for CAD videos of GBB pistols, and it can help you with the basic design a lot. It's always better to start with a basic design and build up then starting from scratch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.