Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions so im going to ask them both here rather than doing two posts. I did a search but didnt find any answers.

First up, is there any hopup alternatives for the A&K svd, like a r hop ect. I am already using a g&p bucking with a concave spacer and getting very good results but is there anything better?

And second, should you polish/way ceramic barrles or is that just for steel and brass barrels?

Thanks

·
Registered
909 Posts
How did you get the hop-up spacer in there with the little clear strip that presses down, or did you just remove that? Also, I'm sure an R-Hop would work. I'm not sure about polishing that type of barrel though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I trashed the tube crap and used the hole to insert the spacer, it fits quit snug so it doesnt wiggle around. Almost to snug, it takes a few shots for the hop to "settle" after you turn it down. Using a full legnth madbull barrel and a spring upgrade ( cant remember the M--- number but .3s at 445fps) I can get torso shots at 300 ft without much trouble. But im always looking to push it farther.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I trashed the tube crap and used the hole to insert the spacer, it fits quit snug so it doesnt wiggle around. Almost to snug, it takes a few shots for the hop to "settle" after you turn it down. Using a full legnth madbull barrel and a spring upgrade ( cant remember the M--- number but .3s at 445fps) I can get torso shots at 300 ft without much trouble. But im always looking to push it farther.
That's a good idea, back when I had mine I slapped a Systema 400% spring in, used MadBull 0.40g's, changed the bucking, and polished the stock barrel. I could get a pretty accurate 280 ft.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
how did you, or what did you use to polish the barrel? I'd like to try that, before spending the money on a tight bore, which I know would help ,but I've got a tight budget. I'm always looking for good used parts, it helps fit the budget. Thank:cheers:

·
Registered
909 Posts
how did you, or what did you use to polish the barrel? I'd like to try that, before spending the money on a tight bore, which I know would help ,but I've got a tight budget. I'm always looking for good used parts, it helps fit the budget. Thank:cheers:
I put a cleaning rod on a drill, used a cloth patch on the end with brasso and just ran it up and down the barrel until it stopped coming out black (new cloth each time). After that I used a cloth with some spray car wax and ran it through the barrel. The second one is probably just optional, but it made the rifle a lot more accurate and was very cheap. I think I used the guide from the old forum, pretty sure Wonko wrote it or linked it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.