Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a A&K SVD. HAHA Yes. No AtoZ!
Well I got a bag of .36 and the svd for only 138 dollars at the evike walk in store with their Halloween sale.

Ok my questions.
1 My bbs roll out the barrel same with my jg bar 10 what is wrong.

2 The gun hooks left. I would think that much of a problem. I could just get a scope and compensate for that.

3 OK to make the bolt pull easier should I lube the piston and cylinder. With what should I do it with. White lithuim grease?
My info so far on it. Quarter sized groupings at 65 feet. Pretty dang amazing considering it has a left hook to it.

My video on it so far. Just saying.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Accuracy is very good with the SVD. I am hitting a cellphone sized target 9/10 times at 150 feet. Just got to compensate for the left curve. Really don`t need to compensate.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What I did to mine was I put a short piece of metal pipe on to the handle and some epox, after that, just black tape over it so it doesn't look so raped. The looks of the gun suffer a bit but its either the looks or your fingers

·
Registered
354 Posts
is it actually curving left or the bb is travelling straight but to the left of where you are aiming? if it is actually curving you should be able to fix that at the hop up or by cleaning the barrel. Sometimes when the barrel gets dirty it can cause the bb to travel one way or another.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok thanks Suomi. Newbie now the gun is fine. At 70 feet all shots are touching I think I had to break it in a little.
I just need a way to make the bolt cock easier.
Also what ak side scope mount works for the svd. Would you think this one?
Supposedly some people said it will work. Might have to go to the walk in store to test it.
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_107_290&products_id=35282

Also what scope do you think is good. I have a budget of 40 dollars.

·
Registered
83 Posts
well the lens of the scope works like an eye, notice when you're in the dark and your pupils go big? this happens so your eyes can "suck" more light and see better. so when the lens of the scope is bigger it can "suck" more light from the surroundings. that was a weird explanation but I hope you get the point

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.