Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm deciding whether or not to pick up another A&K SVD and it all came down to the scope mount xD

I used a Matrix scope mount on my old SVD and found it was off center and it was literally impossible to zero. Is there any other scope mounts for around $25 that will fit on the SVD and be aligned with the center of the gun?.

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
All scope mounts are offset on AK and SVD's, at least the scope mounts I've seen, even the real steel POSP scope I use is offset to the left.
Here's a photo of it...

Work a bit with it .... You'll find the zero after a few tries.

Wolf

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just bought a Pro-Mag AK mount for my saiga rifle and it sits centered, it is only a picatinny rail on top though, so no russian style points.

·
Registered
744 Posts
It shouldn't. I think the AK receiver is taller, and the side mount may be different. There's something about a type 2 mount that is the AK and the type 3 is the SVD. You definitely can get POSP scopes with weaver mounts on them. I was looking at a 2-6x24, but opted not to spend the $250+ for it.

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
Correct the SVD and AK have different mounts ( on the SVD goes in from the front, on the AK goes in from the rear)... Though you can fit an AK mount/scope on a SVD(it sits higher and it's ugly!), you can't the other way around.

If you buy a RS scope you can change just the mount so it can fit on the other gun. I've done that with my POSP.

Wolf

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you still are unable to find a zero, there's always the lazy persons approach and buy a nifty laser pointer that sticks into your barrel. Then you just adjust your scope from there.
For me it's not an issue of zero, but of being left handed.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you still are unable to find a zero, there's always the lazy persons approach and buy a nifty laser pointer that sticks into your barrel. Then you just adjust your scope from there.
Don`t forget there something called hopup and rapid bullet drop. I would rather got with the standard way or shoot test and adjust.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would have never been able to cock my old SVD with my off hand; I don't see how you manage that.
I'm looking at the SVD GBB.

Don't exactly know what being left handed has to do with it. I'm a lefty and have shot with my right hand all my life.
I'm not trying to be mean/ignorant/etc: Can you explain what left has to do with it?
I shoot left handed as well. Putting a rifle on my right shoulder is doable (for real-steel shotgun when necessary) but not comfortable.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.