Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably not the first one to think of this, but In the future, after getting the basics down on making my own ghillie, I want to put into the works a system for creating a modular ghillie.

The demand is the diversity of environments that may present themselves to me in my time as a sniper, and the inability of conventional suits to adapt much farther than what vegetation you can grand and what colors you can dye and how much mud you cake on. I understand that tradition tends to demonstrate what works, but I have to wonder how effective having different textures available to you would be compared to the old jute and burlap.

Personally, I would enjoy the luxury of having plenty of different textures built in, possibly attached by clips or buttons to a base jacket, pants, and hood or hat. Something like leaves, pine bedding, grasses, snow textures, etc.

Would the differences in texture be effective enough to justify this much work, or do you guys think I'm just thinking a little too much?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Vegetation should take care of all this. It's cheap (as in free) and works better than anything else because it is from nature and is actually what you need to blend in with.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
People have used many different materials to make ghillies, but I think a modular suit is just too much. Like Fuzzy said, just use the veggies around you and you will have the texture of whatever you put on.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
If you tie some hair bands or something similar to your netting you can stuff branches with leaves on them in the bands.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reading the title I was getting worried, I though this was going to be some mad 'ghillie patches' or straps where you can add sections of ghille onto molle plate carriers and stuff. Phew...
Nahhh. I looked into MOLLE stuff and it didn't trip my trigger. I was just pondering a ghillie that made it a bit easier to switch between textures.

EDIT: Ha! I unintentionally made a sniper joke!

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I just decided to do this today:

I cut off the front panels of my ghillie jacket (kept the arms and back) and covered the edges with shoe goo to keep them from fraying. My plan is to attach something to it so that I can hook it to my MOLLE vest.

This is not exactly what you are talking about, but this way you can have a couple different cape-thingies (for lack of a better term) if you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.