Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I propose a new system that everyone will benefit from. Instead of having to be a member for 3 months there should be a more lucrative process that would expedite a new member to "seller status. Instead of baring people from selling their wears for 3 months Admins should refer to a new member's buyer feed back. I propose that if a new member receives positive feedback for the purchase of 5 to 10 individual sales before 3 months of membership, he should be granted to sell his own items on said site.

Why?
The will increase the amount of sales for "established" sellers who want to move their product as quickly as possible. Implementing this new policy would put pressure on new members to prove they are fair in their dealings by buying from those already granted permission to sell items. Each time they receive positive feedback (1 per sale) it shows that they are fair in their dealings and can be trusted.

You can go 3 months and not contribute anything meaningful to the forums; with no buyer/seller feedback and then scam a user out of the blue. The above proposed method would allow new members to not only build credibility in the forums, but assist established members in the sale of their wears. Now instead of having a member who has made one purchase in 3 months that led to a scam you will have 1 member making 5-10 purchases in a month with solid feedback from other users. That individual will not have to wait 3 months since he has proven that he is reliable, and thus can sell his own items; contributing to the community as a whole.This method benefits both buyer and seller. This also allows for a larger pool of items to be sold on the forums making other wise hard to find items easier to locate.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Or have people be active for three months. No need to spam our forums with sale threads, especially from people that will never be back on the forum once the item is sold.

To me that is what all the other sites are for.

Either that or make them pay for that right and if they mess it up they loose the right to post until that three month period is met;-)

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Personally I've never had a problem with letting anyone, no matter how new they are or how many posts they have, sell things (as long as it is private selling, not commercial). Commercial selling should not be allowed at all unless they want to become an authorized sponsor of the forum.

Buyer beware. Members should be the ones that decide if they want to take a chance and buy from a new member. If they want to take the risk, go for it, it's up to you. The forum itself is not responsible. If you want to play it safe and only buy from members that are known to the community, and that you've researched, then that would be the smarter choice. But it IS YOUR choice.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have positive feedback on this site. Ive been playing for a long time and have allot of hard to come by stuff Id like to sell. The reason I posted this is that it wouldnt be as much of a market place as it would be a source for parts and other items that would cost more on other sites. The new member would need a minimum of 10 positive feedbacks before he could post an ad on the BST section. This entails the new member buying and receiving positive feedback from the seller for 10 different transactions. The more ads you have up the more opportunities you have for finding a part or weapon that you are looking for. A perfect example is airsoft forum and airsoft retreat. I talked to DRK (who was my spotter at Climb To Glory) about the lack of selection after they imposed by the dollar fee on ASR. People were still getting scammed left and right, but the worst part was now there wasnt as many items for sale; the the lack of variety made it harder to find things they were used second hand. IE before they put that 1 dollar fee on asr and ASF I could easily build a tanaka m40 out of parts from different forums. Afterwards it was near impossible to find tanaka parts or other hard to come by items. This is part of the reason I came to this forum since it had allot of "sniper" related items for sale.

My method would help "authorized" sellers sell their items faster and bring in more variety to the forum BST section. The best part is all the sellers would need positive feedback in order to sell; greatly reducing if not eliminating the problem of scammers.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Realistically, if you use Paypal, all of the protection is present if you pay it as an exchange for goods/services. Most people skip that, and use the "gift" option, which will then prevent people from getting any help from Paypal if they get ripped off because there is no material evidence of an exchange.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Technically the seller can't charge you any additional amounts for Paypal. It's against their terms of use and the seller can loose their account.

Easy way around that is charge 4% higher but give a 4% discount for cash or EMT!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Paypal does a good job of protecting buyers. I just pay the extra 4% It'd still like to see this system go into affect since everyone benefits from it. Wolf also pointed out that if you use paypal for transactions it makes it even harder to get scammed. Id say that 5 to 10 positive transactions would be more than enough proof that a new member is competent enough to sell at least one item. Its very easy to track the progress of new member BST feedback and will bring more items to this forum IE G&P SR25 suppressor and other things that are hard to find.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Paypal does do a good job at protecting buyers - and a horrible job at protecting sellers.

There is a flaw to the suggestion of bypassing the 3 month rule if you buy X amount of items.. Why are people selling items online? It's either because they have too much stuff, or they need the money. If someone needs money, they need to sale things.. not buy more. There are other ways one should be able to "validate" their posts.. how about verifying through other sites such as a eBay or other airsoft related sites. If someone sells several hundred items on X site and can prove it is their account, chances are they aren't going to come here to scam someone. Another option would be to open a subcategory sell thread with the warning that ANYONE can post items for sale in it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.