Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i'm going to be buying a sniper rifle and ghillie suit very soon and I was wondering what do you wear to carry your equipment in aswell as having your ghillie on (Webbing, Chest Rig's) etc.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Well I have a stock pack on my rifle, well I did on the old stock, and that is where I kept my two spare mags. I usually just have a camel back under my ghillie.

That and what type of ghillie are you thinking about buying? And what about making one. I know my last one I traded a person here on the forum for. But I have made my 4 others. Feels really good when they are done and you get to use something that you made

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Just make sure that you can get the colors that you are going to need. That and go to the local fabric store and see if you can't find some burlap and fabric dye. Then you can dye it yourself and then you can make sure that the colors are correct for the place that you play at.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how things are going.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Oh yeah ..... Just go back to one of the gals working back in the fabric part and ask for undyed burlap. Then as for Rit Dye. You can find what color you want and then find an old bucket that your mom wont kill you for changing colors.

Some people will fray all of the burlap before they dye it. I like to do it while it is still all together. And cut a chunk like 2'x2' and then shred it. Instead of cutting the little strips and having a bunch of little 1-2" scraps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found this picture ( i think it was from your bar-10 thread )

I love that technique that you've done with the burlap on your scope ( that is un-dyed burlap yeah? ) Did you just cut pieces of it and pull the threads to give it that natural grassy sort of feel then tie it up with string?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Yup Yup.

Just cut some strips out of the burlap and attached it to the scope with some rubber bands. You then can use the rubber bands to attach other stuff to the rifle.

I do have some elastic cord that I am going to put on it now....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.