Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
As for greasing, you'll want to grease up the inside of the chamber, inside and outside of your cylinder, your piston head (personally, I also add a bit of grease inside the piston and on spring and spring guide), the cylinder handle spine, and the part of the bolt handle that goes into the back of the bolt assembly.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Assuming you're talking about a BASR, yeah pretty much anything that makes metal-on-metal contact could be polished.
How I polish is roughly smooth it out with 600 grit sandpaper (wet it for smoother surface)
and then using a cotton cloth with polishing compound (any compound will do, even toothpaste) and rub the crap out of it.

rotary tools help a lot with the polishing.

Do note, that grease holds/attracts dust and particles! if you glob alot on your cylinder, you have to make sure you keep it clean.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What about coating metal parts in a dry lube like moly or dry graphite? No worry about grease holding any particles that could scratch.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I use white lithium grease, I would stay away from graphite as you don't want that in your bucking or barrel.

Put the grease on the parts, and wipe it off, you should have a very very light coat on the parts.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I use white lithium grease, I would stay away from graphite as you don't want that in your bucking or barrel.

Put the grease on the parts, and wipe it off, you should have a very very light coat on the parts.
You think it would get into the bucking or barrel if say the outside of the cylinder was coated only?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I typically don't put anything on the outside of the cylinder. Just polish the crap out of the receiver and the cylinder itself and you should be fine.

And honestly the cylinder should be riding on those plastic rings that are on either side of the receiver. If these go bad see if you can't find some old film canisters, and cut them to fit. Run the sleeve part into the cylinder and you can make it slide like butter. I was able to take the internals out of the cylinder and just barely tip the rifle back and the cylinder would slide right out the back.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I too use white lithium grease but I have the gunk stuff that you slap on, not the spray that most people have. Mine also has petroleum oil in it that I have put on an old o-ring from the stock piston a few months ago that I am going to wipe off in a few days to see if it caused any damage. I've been using it on my piston in my bar10 for that amunt of time and I see no damage to anything.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Check what it contains and if it doesn't have petroleum in it then you're good.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am new to this site and can tell you already the site and its people have been very helpful :)
Tons of information in the posts here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.