Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for experimentation sake, so I'd like to know others' opinions on the matter :pop:

Does anyone on this forum have any positive experiences regarding accuracy when using a shaved hop-up mound?

Do you use the shaved mound aligned at the hop-up window, or do you turn the bucking to the side and use a smooth patch?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I wouldn't think it would make much of a difference. Either way you are having the rubber touch the bb, just with the mound removed you will have to stretch the bucking much more to get the contact you want.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually Dulas has done it ...!
He was amazed by it!
He has discussed it at a Greek forum, I'll ask him to write here something, but he's too busy and the reply might delay.
It would be amazing if you can get some of his words on the subject! But if he's too busy, then it's okay :D When I searched around the internet for other people who have done it, all I get are "little change" or "It's okay" or "it improved a little", but that leaves much to speculation regarding its effectiveness.

I wouldn't think it would make much of a difference. Either way you are having the rubber touch the bb, just with the mound removed you will have to stretch the bucking much more to get the contact you want.
I think the only real difference is the contour of the bucking as the BB passes underneath. With a mound-less bucking, it imitates an R-hop design more closely than a mounded bucking would when using a shaped nub. And we all know how well an R-hop works :tup: Well at least I know how well it works from other people's experiences on forums >:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use the shaved bucking in my armalite with a rubber H-shaped nub, and I think i works quite good but I havent had the time to test it in a closed environment. What I like about the setup is that you can easily try out all kinds of nubs without having to remove the barrel or the bucking from the hopup wich could change the airseal and change the results even if you havent made any other changes.
I could possibly make more tests with the accuracy in summer when I have more time.

And as you said it kinda copies the R-hop and with a long H-nub you could have same kind of effects as with an R-hop.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use a shaved bucking with a "flat hop" flat nub in most of my guns. I used to use SCS but flat hop works much better because of the longer design. I am now transitioning to rhop

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
909 Posts
Many people shave them to make them work better with different nubs. Just flip it inside out, cut the mound off and sand smooth. Then install the bucking upside down so that the rubber that contacts the bb is perfectly smooth.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Many people shave them to make them work better with different nubs. Just flip it inside out, cut the mound off and sand smooth. Then install the bucking upside down so that the rubber that contacts the bb is perfectly smooth.
It works better at a 90 deg. angle, not flipped, because you have to remove the locking line as well. So then rotate 90 deg. and then you have a smooth surface.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It works better at a 90 deg. angle, not flipped, because you have to remove the locking line as well. So then rotate 90 deg. and then you have a smooth surface.
I installed a mound-less bucking several hours ago, but I've yet to thoroughly test it for performance.

Maybe it was just my imagination, but after a few shots I already noticed that my flat hop increased hop-up spin A LOT. I put in a couple of shots with the hop-up turned way down and ZOOM! Much more hop-up than what I would have expected >:D

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I will try mound-less with my stock bucking because I don't want to destroy my one and only nineball. I will need to remove the mound anyway for when I get r-hop So might as well test it now. Ilm also using tdc mod so I can adjust as needed

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I didnt seem to get good results with my G36 when I did this last month. But then again no matter what I do to this thing I cant get ggood accuracy,lol.. I have to say I MUST get better bb's! Obviously this thing is picky and wants more than them Crosman 20's. "Yeah I know they suck but I cannot afford anything else currently so I use what the wife picks up" I am currently waiting for Uncle Sams approval of my disability claim. "I have severe degenerative disk disease and cant walk most days"

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Nice, ranger. Do you pick up the bbs from dicks sporting goods? Most of my friends get those bbs and I tried them in my gun. The first one I shot shot-gunned on me and shattered. The second swerved way left. I found it and cracked it open to find all the air bubbles on one side and solid plastic on the other. Get bioshots. They are much cheaper and MUCH higher quality.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I didnt seem to get good results with my G36 when I did this last month. But then again no matter what I do to this thing I cant get ggood accuracy,lol.. I have to say I MUST get better bb's! Obviously this thing is picky and wants more than them Crosman 20's. "Yeah I know they suck but I cannot afford anything else currently so I use what the wife picks up" I am currently waiting for Uncle Sams approval of my disability claim. "I have severe degenerative disk disease and cant walk most days"
I run those in all of my stock AEG's. They are just very easy to go pickup from WalMart before a game.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You should only ever use a crossman in a gun you don't care about. Even then you should not use them. One of them exploded in my friend's well m-16 (gun costed like 30-35$) and the gearbox was completely destroyed.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Yep,walmart,lol.. but like I said, I am crippling up and have ZERO income, and havent had income for 2 years! I lost control of both my legs and my left arm last summer and in october I started getting better. I am now able to move around a little bit but I am in CONSTANT pain. I am able to play every once in a while and my 11 yr old stepson plays with the bigboys too so the wife just grabs cheap shit and doesnt know they suck.. and since I am grateful I dont tell her neither. I used to use Kings Arms 25's before that. But I didnt get the G36 till last year and I just cannot afford to do much for upgrades and good bb's right now. I sold off most my stuff including my car just to pay my child support last year. Now the ONLY things I own is my Cyma Ak, my built up from 3 G36's into one and my M24. Oh and some gear and clothing,lol.. I dont even own a dvd player or anything woth anything anymore due to this crippling back issue. So if she want so be super awesome and buy me and the kid some cheap bb's.... Heck yeah! I aint going to complain about the quality of em! In fact after she overheard me talking to the kid about my od green 36's not being good enough she bought me some G4 .40's.. "they just came in today" and by the way,I know them crosmans are crappy but I have never in my near 12 years playing ever seen one explode in anyones guns before..

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I have had several crossmans explode in my 200 fps pistol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.