Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

A-Tacs FG!

10K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  WorstInFinlanD 
#1 ·
I can't believe that no one has posted on this yet, but Propper announced a few days ago that they are releasing a new pattern, A-Tacs FG. The "FG" is forest green, at first it looks like they just added green to the A-Tacs pattern, but they didn't. The re-engineered the entire pattern to add a 3D depth to the colors.

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/11/15/a-tacs-fg-see-it-here-first/

And here is the good stuff:
A-Tacs V. A-Tacs FG

See less See more
#3 ·
Not sure about anyone else but I prefer CADPAT for those types of environments they've pictured the new A-TAC FG in.

The original A-TACS is probably the best all-round camo I have ever used its quite rediculous how well it blends into pretty much any environment especially right now in Autumn

#4 ·
I don't know about that... I would still have taken Mulitcam over the original A-Tacs for an all around camo. Although the FG may be my next pick up since things around here change from a mix to really green depending on the time of year.

Edit: Although, CADPAT looks really good, but then again its really specialized too from the looks of it; a lot like MARPAT.

#11 ·
A-Tacs and Multicam are easy to find in BDU cuts, I don't know about the FG pattern though yet. As far as the vest is concerned, most sniper load outs are low profile enough (e.g. battle belt and suspenders) that you probably wouldn't cover it up too much. However if you're more of a DMR, like me it is almost self defeating to wear a vest, part of the reason I use an RRV...

#13 ·
the3rdeye88 said:
Maybe if you had a Multicam vest it wouldn't be so bad, but imagine a solid color vest on top of those A-TACS.
Point being that most shooters here don't seem to use a full vest, or even anything more than a belt. So the base camo is more important.

I used to have a full coyote vest over tiger stripe or ACU, and that was terrible, but the RRV isn't as bad since it doesnt have a back and you can fold down the chest section if you're using a lighter kit ( http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=107240 ).

#21 ·
FG Atac wont be realesed until march, I found some places that are having a preorder and they wont be available till them. I am still on the fence though myself. I still think it depends on environment. most of the forest I play in is dark greens and browns so cadpat stands out like a sore thumb and so would the light greens of the FG A-tacs. MC is tolerable because of the brown but good old fashion m 85 works best along with marpat, for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.