Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Looks like an AR10 ;) It looks like it is a 7.26mm caliber rifle. Could get that look with a new receiver, a Daniel Defense RIS, and a MagPul PRS stock.

Would not be to hard to build up to be honest.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I have seen over on the gas gun forum, where a guy took real AR parts and modded them to fit WE internals. The thing just looked awesome!!! Then again it better due to the cost of the project.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mattm99958, you can't start with a Magpul MOE, since it's an M4. You need to start with a SR-25 or XM110. Ares, G&P, A&K, and JingGong make them. It uses a longer V2 gearbox.

Here is a comparison pic between M4s and SR-25: http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x138/akapp713/_K034253.jpg
Notice the wider magazine of the SR in the middle.

You can just buy any SR-25 or XM110 + UBR stock and that would be all.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The LWRC Sabre is the same thing as the LWRC REPR. It has a side charging bolt which is the one big difference between it and any other AR10. If you want to get picky it also piston or operational rod driven and has a monolithic RIS upper receiver. http://www.lwrci.com/popup.aspx?src=images/product/large/120_2_.jpg

Whatever you do start with an ACM reviver seeing how you are going to have to modify quiet a bit to make it look right. The link above is a picture of its left side where it begins to standout against all the other AR10 variants. Its not reciprocal and looks like they copied the FAL's charging handle. An A&K or JG SR-25 would be a good start. I would get it from a boneyard or used if possible. Don't forget the piston system gas block which can be found on ebaybanned and ehobbyasia. The sights look like TROY flip-up BUIS. I would not worry about the MAGPUL stuff. The MAID grips are notorious for causing poor motor height adjustment anyway.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Your best bet IMO is to go with the ARES XM-110.It would be the closest thing to the rifle you want to make.Question is,do you have the cajones to cut a slot in the upper of a gun of that intial cost for the bolt?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.