Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can you give me a hand, my vsr is acting up a little bit. Basically I had to take the receiver out of the stock because the spring guide stopper came loose and so I put it back in and secured it with electrical tape, after that i decided to mess a tiny bit with the trigger pull and stroke (I didn't really adjust the pull that much, just the stroke mainly) until it was comfortable for me. Then I put it back together and cocked the rife for a test shot but the trigger wouldn't budge. After that I took out the receiver and began to undo the trigger stroke modification i did (I thought I just made the stroke too short) and ,while reducing the trigger stroke, one of the springs suddenly shot up on the trigger and i was able to fire again. So I put it back together thinking I fixed it and tried to do another test shot but then i run into the exact same problem (so i disassemble etc...) and then I notice that the spring that shot up before was stuck slightly down and the only way to fix it is to reduce the stroke.

Basically, do any of you guys know whats wrong with my rifle and if i can fix it? (I included a video to help, click on the link and it will lead to my post of this on Facebook which has the video, I had trouble getting it up on asf)

TL:DR can't fire without reducing the trigger stroke, are there any fixes you guys know of?

https://www.facebook.com/oliver.whitehead.568/videos/885352708260681/

I would like to give a big thanks in advance for any help I get.

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
That spring connects to a safety feature. When its activated by turning your bolt handle, it locks the trigger until the handle is returned to battery.

I removed it from my trigger.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That spring connects to a safety feature. When its activated by turning your bolt handle, it locks the trigger until the handle is returned to battery.

I removed it from my trigger.
So should I attempt to remove it then? I've never opened any trigger box before.

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
Alternatively, you could cut it off and not worry about opening it up. However I like not blowing up my original parts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alternatively, you could cut it off and not worry about opening it up. However I like not blowing up my original parts.
I just did it now, i thought for a sec I f***ed up the trigger but i didn't. It works like a dream now thank you so much you are awesome :yup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.