Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

first time poster long time lurker. As the title states I went ahead and got me a one piece Masada arm + nub thingy but I cant for the life of me figure out how to remove the arm off of the AA chamber.

I happen to have a old busted up (don't ask) chamber which I tried to remove the arm off of but no such luck.

The diagram of the unit speaks off a pin but I wasn't having any luck with my calibration hammer.

Any tips?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you just have to whack it really hard, but be sure to wack the smaller end of the pin.
Alternatively, try making the SS-nub in my signature, it's about as good or better depending on how you look at it.

Wack

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure that you just have to whack it really hard, but be sure to wack the smaller end of the pin.
Alternatively, try making the SS-nub in my signature, it's about as good or better depending on how you look at it.
I guess I'll just keep on calibrating it harder in that case. Luckily enough previous calibrations have left me with a extra unit to test on. What is throwing me off though is the thicker end of the presumed pin having what almost looks like a torx nut on it:unsure:

Im familiar with your design and it looks brilliant for sure. Me being the "calibrate it with a hammer" type I tend to avoid all of the more involved DIY guides;)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Yeah, I messed up an AA chamber a few years ago by getting carried away with a lathe, but I was able to use it for the tutorial and other stuff.

It's actually really easy to do the SS-nub, you just stuff some epoxy putty in the chamber, squish the arm down, and clean it up with a razor blade or something once it's mostly cured.
A lot better than blowing another $55 on a new chamber lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to hear others get carried away as well lol. For me it was the combination of rounding out the 1.5mm allen screws that secure the barrel to the unit and finding my dremel.

Think I'll give your arm a go and compare it to the Masada one. If i ever end up getting the damn stock one out of the way first that is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a ton guys! It seems I was just being too gentle with it.

Reminded myself it's a already done for unit, gave it a good whack and out it came.

On to the real deal then I suppose.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Having a bench block really helps. It’s essentially a glorified hockey puck for pressing shit out. I opened the old arm to keep the chamber from “rolling” while hitting it. But you need to secure it better going back in, you don’t want to use the new arm as a pressure point. Holding the mag block notches with needle nose will help also. Like masada said it only comes out one way. I use a broken drill bit to press the pin out but anything small like a proper punch will work. If you decide that you don’t want to mess with it, I’d be happy do swap your arm out for free. Downside is shipping. edit, nvm glad you got it But the masada arm was a solid choice 🍻

also, this won’t help you NOW, but I’m working on an install and gameplay video with the masada arm, but it might be 2 weeks until I have it uploaded!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bench block sounds smart, I'll have to make me one of those!

I'll keep my eye out for the video for sure and I think it'll help others out who might be as simple as me :D

Also thank you to all three of you, all of your posts helped me out a lot while building my vsr! Now just to thank 1tonne for all of his insights as well.

Man you guys are all too kind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The pin will only come out in one direction. You have to drive it out from the curved side of the chamber, or if your looking down it as it would be installed in the gun, the left side.
Oh heres me not asking the man himself when I have the opportunity :D

Since its the gen 2 arm off of your shapeways without the hole for the spring, I'm supposed to run the arm completely with out it right?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Oh heres me not asking the man himself when I have the opportunity :D

Since its the gen 2 arm off of your shapeways without the hole for the spring, I'm supposed to run the arm completely with out it right?
Ya don't use the spring. It's not necessary with the arm weighing so little, plus with plastic it tends to bend things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Had a chance to field my rifle for the first time today after installing the Masada arm and thought I’d give a update in case someone is debating getting one.

First off my rifle:
Well MB02
AA chamber
Masada’s arm
MR hop 2021 80˚ teflon taped because why not
303mm Lambda Smart03 6.03mm tbb
Airsoftpro cylinder with their hilariously twangy m150 spring
Airsoftpro piston
Airsoftpro zero trigger
”All” play from receiver and barrel removed
Few gspec barrel spacers and a lot of masking tape
Chronoed on site to make sure its legal (3j site limit) 2.997j, 2.998j, 3.007j and 2.997 thus making it just legal

So all in all a fairly standard upgraded vsr with abit off a airsoftpro bias given the Well cylinder size. Up untill today I had used 0.45 and 0.50 bbs and today i was running 0.48s for the first time so take that as you may for a difference maker. With the stock AA arm I used the panthera nub.

I always felt like my rifle was nearly there but I was trying to eliminate the last inconsistencies with the arm+nub change.

With the new arm and 0.48s airsoft felt like a point and click adventure. While wind was gusty and thus effected bb travel quite abit my rifle has never felt as consistent as it did today.
Didn’t have issues with fliers like I used to and also could over hop the 0.48s with ease which previously even with 0.45s wasnt really possible. Longest confirmed hit from today was just over 95 meters.

All in all super happy with how the rifle performed and would recomend trying the arm+nub if you havent.

Diary post out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts