Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know which one to get.
My field's limit is 550fps for snipers.
I've don't know exactly which one would be better. I do know that the m170 is harder to cock. Im looking to get as close to 550 as possible, so maybe in the 530s range with .20g bbs. My game bbs will be Novritsch .40g bbs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can you get around 550 with an m150, or would I need to cut down an m170.
I wish AA made an m160.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The 170 should put you around 550

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why are you using 0.40g at that fps you want to be on .48 really.

Also you should be measuring in joules not fps as your likely to be be way over the 550fps equivalent in joules using heavyweight bbs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why are you using 0.40g at that fps you want to be on .48 really.

Also you should be measuring in joules not fps as your likely to be be way over the 550fps equivalent in joules using heavyweight bbs.
at my field joules don't matter. It's just about fps with .20s. and Im trying .40s, if they don't work then I'll probably switch to .46.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can pretty easily get 2.81J/550 with an M170, buy I'd buy an M160 or M150 too as your gun may be quite good with very few air leaks and minimal friction.
I think it should be a very consistent rifle with minimal leaks. I'm not buying two springs cause that will be $30. So I think I'll just get the m170 and cut it to be like an m160. Thank you Señor Sword.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I would get a Rapax RMS 3J if you could. That will put you right where you want, minimize noise, and make installation very easy.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
The M170 should be bang on. I have put Action Army M170's into many VSR's and on average, the fps is 550-560fps. If it is slightly higher, just add a little weight to the piston by wrapping solder around the piston and hold it on with a layer of electrical tape.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would get a Rapax RMS 3J if you could. That will put you right where you want, minimize noise, and make installation very easy.
Rapax is more expensive and I don't want to order overseas. I also don't know if the 13mm OD would fit the action army piston

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The M170 should be bang on. I have put Action Army M170's into many VSR's and on average, the fps is 550-560fps. If it is slightly higher, just add a little weight to the piston by wrapping solder around the piston and hold it on with a layer of electrical tape.
ok cool. I want it to be a bit unde
I think I will just cut one rung instead of wrapping the piston, i want to be about 10 fps under the limit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts