Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm new here after recommended by a fellow airsofter, I'm looking to increase accuracy and range on my bw15, I have already gotten a 650mm 6.03 madbull tbb, angel custom cnc aluminum nub, and angel custom soft bucking on it, I am doing a bore up upgrade soon, is there anything I should know to increase the range? I want to make it into a Marui class, while marui only shoots 300fps but shoots really far compare to other rifles, I want mines to be around 400-500fps while shooting even further. I am tempted to try the reap bucking, I hear good things about it for range. Please input what you think, I could put pics up if you like, it is a very sexy sniper and I would wanna do so much to it. Thanks.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Go make an intro post buddy.

I'd say you should start by taking a look at DIY stuff first before you start spending more money on your gun. You'll be surprised how much performance you can gain just from doing DIY mods to stock weapons.
Trust me I was where you are right now and I spent a little to much money putting together a gun when I could have just squeezed every ounce of performance before upgrading.
Also, from the sound of things you may be a little new to upgrading your guns. We'll definitely try and help you out just be ready for some knowledge!

Start by taking a look at this. It's a lot of reading and information is over several posts.
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=892
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=1684

Also, feel free to post pictures.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very interesting indeed, however I have seen the first link you post, that is why I want to join this forum, maybe I can learn a thing or two here, I am still pretty new at teching with AEG, I'm usually the pistol smith on my team, there was a lot of things I wanted to do the holy grail of dmr, but I'm afraid if I mess up I will mess up pretty bad.

my gearbox setup is high torq motor, m120 spring, full cylinder. I might not be doing the sorbo pad mod, might not need it, I just want to have this rifle to be able to hit things from 200m+ away accurately, I'm still trying to gather a lot of information about this currently.

Also I have recently broke my upper receiver, it is non ferrous metal, and I wonder if there are some type of glue that can put it back together permanently, maybe someone knows a glue that is good at sticking with non ferrous metal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, what intro post?

I actually had used JB-weld, I believe the glue is at 5000 strength, I was able to glue back on a 14mm thread and it was able to hold a silencer on it, I was just wanting to be sure if there are stronger still.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You are required to make an intro post before posting anything, in the introduction section, as per forum rules.
As for the REAPS bucking, I'd skip that, and go for something that they recommend in the Holy Grail of DMRs thread in the AEG section. Good luck!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I know of two guns that are very happy with their R.E.A.P.S.. Some people are all hoity-toity about having put their guns together by making all the parts with their fancy engineering degrees or something.

·
Registered
251 Posts
... I might not be doing the sorbo pad mod, might not need it, I just want to have this rifle to be able to hit things from 200m+ away accurately, I'm still trying to gather a lot of information about this currently...
Wait... what? 200m+? That's ~600ft... and well beyond the capabilities of an airsoft gun. Even if you hit 200m, it won't be accurate. I hope you meant 200ft (~70m).

Also note 455mm barrels is normally the recommended "best length" as its suppose to have the best length vs. performance. However, that's subjective of course.

As everyone suggested, there's alot of simple DIY mods to improve your gun. Search around and take a look at Vindi's Holy Grail thread.

Cheers,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry I did meant to say 200ft, and yes I was well aware my inner barrel is too long after I have gotten it. I would just have to coupe with it now.

I have notice many things that I learn from the grail of DMR thread. But most of them being engineer DIY, thats if you mess it up, it could cause a big problem, I don't really want to take the risk for those DIY, so I would just be doing the small tasks for now.

In the end I just want to make it like a marui, out of factory shooting 300fps up to 200ft. That my goal is for 400-500fps shooting around 400ft would be awesome.

As you can see the rifle is externally upgraded, because that's the only thing I know how to do, is just to add parts to it. Performance upgrade I haven't gotten a clue yet. So this rifle now actually shoots worst than it's suppose to. Looks good but shoots bad, that's is why I'm here for help to make it shoot as bad ass as it looks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As soon as I found out my bore is too long, I got a bore up kit, which increase the cylinder size so it is able to push more air through it. That might probably help with getting the bb out faster.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When you want best accuracy; get R-hop or make your own(test different materials, get hands dirty...etc.). Coupled with a flat nub(eraser or m-nub), you will get very good accuracy/range out of even a stock ACM aeg barrel. If no r-hop; flat hop(just file down nub on hop-up rubber and use a smooth side to cover hop-up window while press down with flat nub that covers as much as possible) is fine.

Sorbo pad is needed to correct AOE(makes aeg last a lot longer, generally); use that or just another rubber pad from somewhere(actually more difficult to buy/find unless you have a box of useless internal parts).

Anything up to 590mm do not need bore up kit.
You might want some overvolume when you use extra heavy bb because slower bb speed = more air get past bb = you need more cylinder volume. I never calculate this stuff so I cannot help you; you just need to experiment with which bb/cylinder/barrel/hop-up setup produces best results.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi, I have brought all the materials and waiting for them to arrive, since I already got the 650mm long barrel it is probably too late to change. I am very impressive with the TM PSG-1 which also uses a 650mm barrel that has a very nice range. I would very much like to be close to that. I would be glad to reach 300feet or more, but I guess 250feet is pretty good too.

Btw what is a R hop up? I looked over the DMR thread and the guy was using a U hop, I have also search the internet that R hop are the best, could you care to explain to me how does it work and where to get one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I have brought all the materials and waiting for them to arrive, since I already got the 650mm long barrel it is probably too late to change. I am very impressive with the TM PSG-1 which also uses a 650mm barrel that has a very nice range. I would very much like to be close to that. I would be glad to reach 300feet or more, but I guess 250feet is pretty good too.

Btw what is a R hop up? I looked over the DMR thread and the guy was using a U hop, I have also search the internet that R hop are the best, could you care to explain to me how does it work and where to get one?

Thanks.
clandestineairsoft has R-hop for sale commercially.

You can find all you need to know about R-hop on airsoftmechanics.com

Basically, it is patch of rubber that covers hop window entirely(need to be sanded to fit) and apply force from much larger area than just about anything(other than ER hop which is just longer R hop) out there. It greatly improves consistency as well as allowing more hop to be applied before bb is blocked from exiting barrel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.