Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, 4 months ago I bought a new barrel, an action army 500mm 6.01 for my vsr 10. I already had the AA hop unit and after testing with few bucking's something felt wrong so I checked the barrel and the AA hop unit screws pushed into the barrel so they intruded the inner barrel which sometimes even stopped the bbs from flying trough.
I took a drill bit the 6.00 one and fixed the problem as much it could be fixed, polished the barrel a little bit and it shoots ok but not like it was new. Now here is the problem... when I assemble my gun I take care of my hardware and I always assemble it with care and without any unnecessary force. the side set screws on the AA chamber have not been pushed too hard at all but the barrel metal was bent right away. Did anyone else had this problem ?

here is the barrel im talking about:

·
Registered
644 Posts
I can’t believe those tiny ass set screws were able to make indents into the inner barrel. I feel like the heads would round out before that happened. Then even though you polished it up, using a drill bit might not have been the best, the bore and inner surfaces could be uneven now.

If it were my gun, I’d get a new chamber and inner barrel, and be careful not to tighten things too tight.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It happens if you go anything more than snug with a brass inner barrel basically. Just snug those screws up so that the barrel is centered well and then tighten the third set screw that pushes on the black sleeve. I generally get both screws snugged up to the inner barrel, then go 1/8th of a turn more to lock them in place. Anything more and I'm worried about deforming the inner barrel.

You're gonna need a new inner barrel now too. A steel inner barrel is obviously going to be harder to deform than a brass one.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It happened to me a little, just marks though, but I'm not a farmer or a dad so I don't torque the fuck out of things and I narrowly avoided a new barrel.

I suggest another AA barrel and be more careful, or an Angel Custom 6.01 and take off the bridge.
I own a Lambda, possibly a PDI, a Madbulll, an Airsoft Philosopher, and others, and my favorites are by far the Action Army and the Angel Custom as the quality is as nice or nicer than the other ones I own, while they are the most affordable.
Sadly the Angel Custom is an AEG barrel, but they sell GBB and VSR barrels as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tnx for the response, yeah I could not believe it myself too. Well I have a spare barrel so its fine. I don't play every week anymore and a new PDI raven or PDI one will come soon to my mailbox.
this is my first time with AA barrels and I cant say that the results were good even when it was new (maybe I'm strict because I'm used to using PDI for barrels always)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
If you can afford PDI, go for PDI, but I've had great results with AA compared to tons of other barrels.

Keep in mind, this exact thing will happen to Maple Leaf, ESC, Grizzly, EdGi, TNT, Stalker, Poseidon, and anything that is a brass core, so I wouldn't be too hard on AA.
Also, grub screws are kinda a shitty mounting option compared to others like the Airsoft Philosopher style mounting setup, or the AEG clip style mounting setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts