Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this is basically going to be everything I've discovered and run into with my aac t11 over the last year after I've put roughly 2000 rounds through it. Shoots 445 fps with .25g bbs.

Upgrades
-mr hop bucking
-action army m150 spring (shot 550 fps with this so I had to cut some coils to get down to field limit)

So here's my experience with the aac t11 so far. The internals are metal if you buy the us version. The hopup comes with a maple leaf style concave arm. I've been relatively happy with it for the price (240$ after upgrades) and I think I can hit a human target at roughly 250ft half the time (not measured) using lancer tactical .43g bbs in it. The airhead out of the box was awful, I had to basically put layers of Teflon under the oring on the piston to push it out and get a good fit in the cylinder. My hopup double feeds everytime if I rack the rifle too slowly it needs to be 1 quick fluid motion. Those are really the only two things that are "bad".

Wear and tear-

I took the rifle apart today to see how the internals are holding up and the sear seems to be in decent condition. The spring guide stopper not so much. Both the sear and spring guide stopper appear to have wear from rubbing on the edge of the cylinder port.
Rectangle Metal Fashion accessory Auto part Font

Liquid Rectangle Fashion accessory Cylinder Electric blue

Wood Tints and shades Rectangle Fashion accessory Monochrome photography

Triangle Tints and shades Fashion accessory Metal Automotive exterior

Now I'm not sure if this is normal wear and tear but I have to believe not. Someone with more vsr experience could chime in and let me know. To my surprise the bolt pull has always been very smooth on this rifle as well. I've used my buddy's ssg24 which had a horrible bolt pull. (Also for reference the ssg24 outraged me by probably 20-30 feet)

I think this rifle is decent for someone looking to upgrade over time as things wear out, or if you really like the body style of it. Otherwise if your someone who is still just going to upgrade everything in it as soon as you get it I'd say just get a base vsr10.

Plans-

I plan to get a aa hopup unit for it soon as well as a tridos tdc to stop my double feed and hopefully improve range and accuracy. I think I'll need a new spring guide stopper but someone let me know if this is normal and it'll stop rubbing now. Also please recommend one if you know of a good replacement. I'd also like to build the internals out with the stalker vsr10 piston and a rapax spring but that will have to wait a while.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
After use with softer metals, I can see the groove being somewhat normal. Because when you pull the bolt back, you’re more than likely pulling back and applying more pressure to one side, as you use a dominant hand. I recommend making a cylidner guide sleeve to tighten the tolerance between the cylinder and outer barrel. Nice write up!!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
That's pretty standard with VSRs and other guns, but I'd rather have a soft SGS that you replace every year or two than wear out a $100+ cylinder in 3-6 years.

Sick post, people don't really do these anymore, last one was probably me with the Double Bell VSR-10

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After use with softer metals, I can see the groove being somewhat normal. Because when you pull the bolt back, you’re more than likely pulling back and applying more pressure to one side, as you use a dominant hand. I recommend making a cylidner guide sleeve to tighten the tolerance between the cylinder and outer barrel. Nice write up!!
Yeah I followed your guide for a cylinder guide sleeve but I need to make it even tighter I think. If I just have the cylinder in the receiver there is a ton of play like almost 1/8" probably even with the little delving glide ring that came with it. Might try and figure out a way to tighten it up on the receiver side of things rather in the outer barrel. Are spring guide stoppers usually universal? Or does it very trigger to trigger and I'll need to replace with the action army one? (If you know)

That's pretty standard with VSRs and other guns, but I'd rather have a soft SGS that you replace every year or two than wear out a $100+ cylinder in 3-6 years.

Sick post, people don't really do these anymore, last one was probably me with the Double Bell VSR-10
Okay thanks I appreciate the input! I wish people did them regularly or a category was even added. It helps give people a lot if information about guns and what to upgrade and look out for. I just know I was looking for info before buying my first vsr10 platform so I figured this may help someone out someday haha.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thanks for checking out my video, I found a way to make one a little tighter and I plan to make a version 2 video when I have the time. If another layer of polycarbonate is too thick, use a thin plastic folder as a layer. They have them in the school section at Walmart! 🍻

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have seen someone modding the SGS with teflon. He filed a dovetail in the sides of the SGS and inserted the ptfa plate, about 1mm thick. Maybe that's an option for you.

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
That damage is normal. Though in your case its a bit more then usual. But with the softer who knows grade aluminum in there not super surprising..

On the last rifle I messed with, I added a bit of jb weld to the SGS. Seems to be working just fine. And would be easy to repair in the future.

Edit: I know I was talking to someone about making SGS guides out of Turcite-A or B. Me thinks it was @SiliconeSword but I could be wrong. Been a bit since that conversation. Think I may order some after I am done moving.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Oh yeah, Trying, but I don't think that's a good idea.

A forum member sent me his trigger and cylinder set along with some Teflon tubing to make one of the said SGSs, but I simply just rubbed the Teflon on the slot of the cylinder and saw a visible groove in like 50 strokes.
I bounced between brass, mild steel, and Delrin inserts that would be easily replaceable, but after a consulting with my grandfather I settled on making one out of O1 tool steel.
I was able to make it a relatively snug fit in his thin and very worn Laylax cylinder, which resulted in a nicer bolt pull and much less wear on the SGS as I hear treated it and gave it a spring temper.

I would personally recommend that you get an SGS SOFTER that your cylinder, get a thick cylinder like Lambda or Angel Custom, and just buy a SGS every couple years as the plastic thing won't really work.

Unless you have a cylinder with like a 2mm wall, but that would be heavy as shit.

@Plazmaburn dat was ya boi Silicone

·
Registered
705 Posts
Oh yeah, Trying, but I don't think that's a good idea.

A forum member sent me his trigger and cylinder set along with some Teflon tubing to make one of the said SGSs, but I simply just rubbed the Teflon on the slot of the cylinder and saw a visible groove in like 50 strokes.
I bounced between brass, mild steel, and Delrin inserts that would be easily replaceable, but after a consulting with my grandfather I settled on making one out of O1 tool steel.
I was able to make it a relatively snug fit in his thin and very worn Laylax cylinder, which resulted in a nicer bolt pull and much less wear on the SGS as I hear treated it and gave it a spring temper.

I would personally recommend that you get an SGS SOFTER that your cylinder, get a thick cylinder like Lambda or Angel Custom, and just buy a SGS every couple years as the plastic thing won't really work.

Unless you have a cylinder with like a 2mm wall, but that would be heavy as shit.

@Plazmaburn dat was ya boi Silicone
Running the action army cylinder and super hard d1 stopper, all mirror polished, I get like 0 wear and the best bolt pull I've ever had :)

Reactions: SiliconeSword
1 - 10 of 10 Posts