Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Action Army t11 advice

10K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  shadyJ 
#1 ·
Okay so I'm looking to purchase an AA t11 as for all the research I have done points to it as a good overall platform over complete ground up jg bar 10, or out of the box ssg10. My question goes out to people with experience with this rifle as I want to know what are some essential upgrades I may want to consider purchasing along with the rifle. I shouldn't need to replace the trigger components or anything in the cylinder as it comes with an aluminum piston and ss spring guide. Here is what is clearly essential for function and game day.

1- AA t11
2- AA 50rd mags

price: $250 +tax on Evike
(220 with coupon code)

other parts that ive seen people change out or that are just quality of life items.

1- AA hopup chamber 55$
1- new barrel (open to suggestions of what type, ie. ml crazy jet, or aa 6.01 ss barrel) 50$
1- bucking (mr hop or dicepticon) 10$
1- hop nub 6$
1- spring to get me up to 500fps
1- 1-4x lpvo scope 100$ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0153VR2B...olid=1JLZOK29Z20P6&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
1- suppressor / adapter 45$

I have an old shit scope from an old sniper I could probably use. I'm trying to go about this economically and plan to get a good gun for this season and then over next winter take time to maybe replace a couple parts here and there that aren't essential to it being a top performer.

Another thing to keep in mind. I have a 100$ amazon gift card I can use. Probably either get the scope with it, or the aa hopup is on there for 65$ as well as AA 6.01 barrel for 45 and aa suppressor adapter for 15$ and probably the bucking I could find on there as well. Just curious what people would recommend I do for the initial purchases. Thank you for the help!

See less See more
#2 ·
I've heard reports the stock trigger likes to break above an m120 spring. I would stick at that and save for another trigger if you want to go above that spring power. Also gives you time to optimise/tune every part from hop unit forward which is more important to be honest

#4 ·
I'd suggest these things instead

Scope
Inner barrel
Mags
Silencer adapter
Bucking (85° is best)
Hop chamber
BBs

I'd suggest the MASADA arm from the guy named MASADA on here, and other than that it's just diy stuff like barrel spacers and Teflon tape on the cylinder head.
The trigger should be good up to like an M140 or so, so just use that until it breaks.
Alsoread through some of the pinned VSR threads on here, it'll save lots of time if things don't need to be answered again.

#5 ·
Yeah those are all the exact parts I already said I was going to get in my initial post aside from a different lpvo. And as far as things being answered again, I often see people giving conflicting information so I wanted to see if someone first hand had recommendations. There's people saying the internals of the cylinder are plastic which they aren't, as seen here someone says don't go above a m120 someone says don't go above m140. This is why I made a new post to see if anyone with the rifle that has used it stock and noticed it's limitations and upgraded sparingly to see what is necessary and what isn't. Thanks for the help.

#6 ·
I made a thread about mine

#7 ·
1tonne said M140 a while ago when after he got a few, so I'm going off of what he said as he's quite trustworthy.
The T11 has both plastic and metal internals, I believe it is because america got a shipment last summer and all the ones before that were asia spec, so maybe the america ones are a special request or something since we use more than one joule for snipers.

For my list, the mags are different, silencer adapter is probably different, scope is different, BBs are probably different from what you were going to get as well as the arm I mentioned not being listed while being very very good.
I repeated stuff to share stuff that was in stock and where is good.

If you want more in depth info, Skara has 2 good threads regarding this rifle

#9 · (Edited)
Not to jack the thread but i picked one up yesterday as well. I read to replace the guide and piston as someone mentioned they were plastic but pulling it apart to clean it over I noticed the guide and piston are metal the oring on the piston is the only thing that looked suspect. I already orderd an scw piston and guide and might throw a larger spring in there to see if it can take an m150. Id be curious to know whats changed over time to know what might be salvageable from the stock rifle.

edit: also im not sure the thread adapter Silicone linked to is correct either, I took off the orange tip and the diameter on the inside of the barrel looks a bit smaller than the adapter in the link (even though it says T11) it almost looks the g-spec size on mine unless another part of the barrel threads off as well.

#10 ·
Not to jack the thread but i picked one up yesterday as well. I read to replace the guide and piston as someone mentioned they were plastic but pulling it apart to clean it over I noticed the guide and piston are metal the oring on the piston is the only thing that looked suspect. I already orderd an scw piston and guide and might throw a larger spring in there to see if it can take an m150. Id be curious to know whats changed over time to know what might be salvageable from the stock rifle.
I appreciate your input. Also im glad to hear the cylinder internals are indeed metal. The power is something I am curious about for the trigger unit though. I mean at least its a 90 degree sear So im hoping it will have some life to it maybe not what the aftermarket triggers can offer but at least a few seasons out of it before swapping it out. Keep me posted on any info you come across and ill do the same!

#15 ·
hey im also curios if anyone has experience with the maple leaf hopup arm for stock chamber in this gun. I see some people say there are some QC issues with it but not sure as of recent/ and if it fits in the stock chamber of the t11.
I asked Masada if he makes an arm for the stock chamber and he doesnt, just the nub. So I was thinking of getting this arm instead. Or I just go for a TDC but im not sure I wanna do all the custom stuff for that yet. I guess I could also just get Masadas nub for the stock arm but wasnt sure if the stock arm is utter garbage.

#16 ·
I think the QC issues around that arm are related to the centering of the concave section in relation to the bucking. It should fit in the stock chamber though.

I think the AA chamber is worth considering. Not only for parts compatibility, but also for the fine hop up adjustment you can achieve. The stock chamber is definitely a more coarse adjustment and for buckings with big flat contact patches it may be difficult to get them dialed in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.