Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this will be my first post on this forum. I have been watching and reading on a lot of great information you guys give out. I really appreciate all the forum members out there that test certain parts, combinations, and guns and give honest feedback.

Anyways, I will be giving my feedback on my Action Army T11. This gun, I bought second-hand off of Hopup for close to 100$ after reading a few brief reviews. I chose this gun because even though I like the bar10/vsr10 rifles, I wanted something slightly different that still had tons of upgrade parts. I have built many airsoft rifles, but this is only the second bolt action I have built.

Images of my rifle below.

Externals:
The stock on this rifle is a quite sturdy and well-made polymer. There are a few AA trademarks here and there as well. Starting from the back of the stock the rubber pad is secured to the polymer by two allen key bolts that run through the width of the stock securing a sling attachment to the opposite end. The rear of the stock is not completely hollow and has horizontal, polymer cross bracing. The rear can also detach from the rest of the stock by unscrewing one allen bolt. The T11 has a fake magazine behind the standard vsr/bar type mag. This fake magazine holds all the allen keys needed to disassemble the rifle, excluding the hopup. There are 3 mounting points for a rail to mount a bipod or other accessories at the front end of the stock. These mounts are at the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions. The receiver and barrel are your typical metal construction. The barrel end cap is a pain.... To remove the end cap (to attach the t10 barrel adapter) I had to place the barrel in a vice and crank the barrel end cap with vice grips. This was the tightest and most glued barrel cap I have ever removed. The handgrip is a bit different and can be removed. I came to love the ergonomics of this rifle. Overall, I personally think the construction and hardware that come with this gun are far better than your standard bar/vsr.

Internals:
Coming with a steel ball bearing spring guide, aluminum piston, and a well-made cylinder, the cylinder set is of decent quality IMO. The cylinder seems to be made very strong with minimal scoring after heavy use. The cylinder head is the only sub-par part of the cylinder set as with use, the paint flakes off and can find its way into the bucking, hopup, barrel, etc... The trigger set seems to be well made and has stood up to, my m150 without a single hiccup. The gun comes standard with a 90degree setup. The rifle comes with a single barrel stabilizer already installed. This rifle comes with your standard bar 10 chamber with the exception of the arm. The arm resembles that of the Maple Leaf. So, no need for a nub. Bucking and barrel were what you would expect from a stock rifle.

Performance and upgrades:
Performance out of the box was again, what you would expect from a sub 250$ gun. However, the bolt pull was very smooth and the hopup arm seemed to help very slightly with accuracy. The first thing I address on this rifle was the hopup set up and spring. I ordered an m150 spring, 2021 MR hop 70degree, MP concave nub, Crazy jet barrel, and AA chamber. Now before everyone on this forum jumps on me for what I have to say about the AA hop, I believe it is a great product, and it has worked for me in the past. After installing all these parts with some DIY work, the gun shot much farther. Accuracy and consistency at 240ft were unnaturally bad. I fiddled and fiddled and fiddle with the hopup. After several days of trying to get it right, I decide I received a bad MR Hop. I then threw the gun back together with the stock hop chamber and MR hop and retested it. The gun had its share of fliers but overall was much more consistent. That's when I decided to order the MP hop chamber, 2021 Autobot 85, and 70-degree bucking. After trying all three buckings in the AA chamber, I just could not get a consistent grouping. So I tried the MP. The MP works fantastic with all the buckings! All the consistency and accuracy issues went away after removing the AA chamber, and the gun fires flawlessly.

Overall I think this is a great base rifle. I would love for anyone to comment on whether they have ever had these types of issues out of their AA chamber.
Wood Hardwood Flooring Wood stain Laminate flooring
Plant Sculpture Wood Twig Tree
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Your AA chamber likely sucks due to using an Omega nub, which are quite bad.
I recommend clicking the SS-nub in my signature as it leads to a tutorial on how to make the BEST NUB EVAR!!!!!, and how to shim the arm so it sucks less.
Definitely do an update after you do it as I would like to hear about your results.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am a bit at a loss here.. You referred to the MP Hop Chamber giving you better results, which chamber is that?

Asking because I'm stuck between getting a Tac41 or a T11 for my next rifle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am a bit at a loss here.. You referred to the MP Hop Chamber giving you better results, which chamber is that?

Personally I'd I was considering a new sniper tac41 all the way, whilst the VSR is the benchmark I think the tac41 is the new king. Better volume realistic mag placement, no need to change nearly every part it's just a much better platform on paper.

I think tac41 will keep growing and we may see it take over the title of most recommended platform if you have the budget.

Only benefit to a VSR base it they are silly cheap for a well mb02/03.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Oh trust me, I have malicious reasons to get one... Early adopters and rare rifles get a lot of views on YouTube ;)

I'm just still not a fan of getting the Tac41 shipped to me, I'd rather pick it up in a store in the states - I can get the T11 locally. I live in a 4 story apartment on the first floor, with my door right next to the stairwell. Everyone passes by my door on the way to their apartments. I have a newspaper subscription and I've never been able to even read any of them because someone snatches it before I even get a chance to get to it. I'd hate to find that a $500+ package from overseas got snatched away as well.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I think the tac41 is the new king. Better volume realistic mag placement
The realistic mag placement would be one faults with the Tac41. They need to put it in a place that does not need a flimsy feeding tube.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hey shaggy, the Maple Leaf hop up chamber is basically an all metal bar type chamber with a one piece arm.

Here's a link to it on evike Maple Leaf Hop-up Chamber for Tokyo Marui / Well VSR-10 Sniper Rifles

Handyguy made a really nice review for it. Just search it up in the forums.

·
Registered
643 Posts
The realistic mag placement would be one faults with the Tac41. They need to put it in a place that does not need a flimsy feeding tube.
If it doesn't misfeed and doesn't have functional issues (which there was one, but it is quickly fixed which IMO dunno why it wasn't designed that way right of the bat, but still), then it cannot be said to be a "fault" but just your own personal opinion heavily biasing towards the VSR.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here at fulda, a vendor from airsoft junkies has one. He was trying to show us a few neat things about the tac. He broke the tube/mag connection somehow (broke to the point it still worked but got jams) . He claims to have built tons of sniper rifles, but we went to the range and seen no distance difference between my AA T11 and tac. I really liked the bolt action. Felt smooth and sturdy

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
He broke the tube/mag connection somehow (broke to the point it still worked but got jams)
That is one of the issues with tubes. They are easy to break. Especially if you are a person who pulls your rifle apart. It would be better that it did not have one or it was aluminium.
If they can make it strong and feed well, then I would not mind a feeding tube too much. I would prefer not to have one though as it is just another thing to pull apart (extra time) when it could have had the mag further forward

·
Registered
643 Posts
Here at fulda, a vendor from airsoft junkies has one. He was trying to show us a few neat things about the tac. He broke the tube/mag connection somehow (broke to the point it still worked but got jams) . He claims to have built tons of sniper rifles, but we went to the range and seen no distance difference between my AA T11 and tac. I really liked the bolt action. Felt smooth and sturdy
At some point in time where every rifle starts using some form of TDC or pseudo TDC, so long as the internals are not dog breakfast they kind of fling BBs the same quality as they should be. After all there aren't many ways to make a BB getting flung properly.
That is one of the issues with tubes. They are easy to break. Especially if you are a person who pulls your rifle apart. It would be better that it did not have one or it was aluminium.
If they can make it strong and feed well, then I would not mind a feeding tube too much. I would prefer not to have one though as it is just another thing to pull apart (extra time) when it could have had the mag further forward
You literally do not have to take the tube out save for a catastrophic failure involving it unlike the much more complicated AWS and Marui M40. The entire disassembly unlike the VSR does not involve taking the rifle down from the stock (and is just "unlock the magwell screw then twist the barrel out from its 1 stage lock").

Which to be fair the tube has a problem regarding to the mag/gate interface but that was day 1 dumb design, and replacing that has no issues since then. Even disassembling the tube is as simple as knocking out two pins with a screwdriver lightly tapped with a hammer.

Reactions: 1tonne

·
Registered
108 Posts
They have already introduced the gen 2 feed cover/tube, would an aftermarket metal one not solve that issue from your point of view?

I think the stigma of feedtubes needs to go, yes the aws ramp was terrible,.the m40a5 seemed usable enough.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Feeding tubes are fine as long as they are strong, do not jam and are not a hindrance in pulling the rifle apart.
So if they have fixed this and it is not a hindrance to pulling it apart and it does not jam, then that is great.
I do like the idea of the TAC21. I just hate when manufacturers do ideas that over the past have failed. If they can fix the failure then that is fine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I swear, where are y'all getting this idea that the Striker had a disgusting, unheard of, monstrosity of a feeding tube?

The Striker has at most something more akin to an M4 feeding mechanism.

Magazine pushes the round up into a small, CNC feeding tube that's roughly 12mm in length. That's it.
Coin Currency Money Nickel Money handling

For whatever reason I've noticed my rifle also gives me um.. feedback, when I'm out of ammo. When there's no more BB's left in the magazine, the bolt won't fully cycle forward on the striker. Good indicator to reload.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Ohhhhhhh, for some reason I was mixing up the SRS, Striker, and some shitty L96 variation.
I guess the Striker is a more comfortable and lighter version of the SRS, at the fault of shitty stability and being able to lose FPS by upgrading it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts