Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, does anyone currently run an action army vsr 10 inner barrel, be it the 303 or 430 length.

Just after general opinions on the quality of the barrel and how well it performs.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I do. It certainly isn't a bad barrel, and I've enjoyed the performance its given. I still get fliers on occasion, but I don't know for sure if thats due to the barrel. But that being said I am about to upgrade to a higher end barrel, just to see what kind of difference I get.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'll be Dow grading from a higher end barrel haha, hency me wanting to know more about the AA one, some one else I know has given good feedback on the AA barrel, in that for the price its pretty decent.

I do have a maple leaf ast rubber to try which should work fine in the AA barrel as its open windowed hop chamber so tempted because it can use that hop rubber plus standard vsr ones

·
Registered
292 Posts
I run a Maple Leaf bucking, AA Chamber, and AA 6.01 barrel. I gotta say, the thing is pin point to about 200ft, and effective on mansized targets to about 300ft. I could probably push past that, but haven't had the opportunity. Like I said, I get fliers every once in a while, but that could be the ammo, the barrel (be it the barrel or the barrel being dirty), or even just some residue from the ammo on the bucking.

For its price it is very decent.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you using the standard AA chamber nub or a different one?
I'm aware a flat nub may work better with the maple leaf rubber I have, but if it works fine with the AA cylindrical nub I'll stick with that

·
Registered
292 Posts
Standard AA or different one? I'm not sure what you mean. I thought action army only puts out their upgrade chamber. But in any case, I switched from a cylinder nub to a flat nub and did see a slight improvement, but nothing spectacularly improved.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I've got an AA chamber as well and compared to other budget barrels (such as madbull) I can't say anything bad about them.

An EDGI barrel or something is probably better, but you can't beat AA barrels for the price they're selling at :tup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I'll be going from pdi to AA purely for a cost purpose. Whilst I love my pdi I don't fancy forking out £60 or so for the 430mm, and its always good to try different things

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep I have the v2 now as I snapped my Allen key off in the grub screw that holds the barrel sleeve tight, and couldn't get it out :(

Only issue with v2 is the 2 side grubs tighten direct to barrel but it'll do fine

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well managed to get hold of what looked to be a prommy 6.03 430mm inner to try out for a pretty good price, cheaper than a brand new AA one so I'm happy

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got the 540mm 6.03mm AA barrel, where I filed down the window to install a Maple Leaf bucking. I've got nothing to compare it to, but I've hit man-sized targets out to 80m (240ft). Pretty nice for the money.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The barrel has hopefully arrived so I'll put my maple leaf bucking onto it and see if it fits fine, if not I may get another 9ball

1 - 19 of 19 Posts