Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
I am not seeing that anywhere on there site. You clearly must have one of very few pre production samples or something.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
I have just received my chamber from Derp-softGI... Missing parts 9,10,11, and 12... So far it looks like a solid built hop up unit... too bad I can not actually use it currently...

Update 1/27: I emailed AA at 5:43 pm. Replied at 6:33, finished and sent pics of the shipping label and parts at 8:37. They also included 2 part #7 in the order even though I do not need them... yet. I approve of AA so far.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
So my parts arrived this morning, and I now have it installed. I needed to apply some Loctite Blue to the bb detent screws as they are super loose on mine. Other then that I almost could not get my nineball installed because of how tight the fit is.

It for sure has a good airseal, I can feel a little resistance when I return the bolt home.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
Works fine on mine. The arm engages where it should. have not gone out to shoot yet, been busy. I will get back to this once I get some range time with it.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
Just contact AA and tell them, all you need to do is pay shipping. My shipping was $15. They accept PayPal (as most rational companies should...)

Kinda lame that we need to do this, but it is what it is.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
Take your barrel assembly and tighten it by 1 turn. Test to see if it works, if not, do it again.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
Why buy an AA when you can buy a Careful rifle? :tup:

The price difference would be fairly large, but the age old adage, "You can't buy a good OOTB rifle" doesn't apply to Careful.

Plus, he'll tailor your rifle to your exact needs.
Getting a rifle from Careful or getting one from from AA with all their parts dropped in are 2 very different things.

Getting one from AA would make it mass produced, easy to get, and be a very decent rifle OOTB. Buying a rifle from Careful, you get a massively different build. Plus you already listed one of the prime differences, Careful's is tailored to you. Not some generic one shoe fits all approach. So you really can't put Careful into that statement because all of his builds are custom.

Bottom line is, either way you are going to end up with a great build and solid internals. Careful's is just going to be better.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
I don't get why people don't just build the rifle themselves? It's not hard and you learn a whole lot in the process. And you get the biggest plus you can possibly want: if something jams or goes wrong, you know the rifle inside out, and with an Allen wrench, a Phillips head screwdriver and a pair of pliers you can get your rifle working again in 5 minutes more than 90% of the time. That's a kind of reliability you can't buy :hehe:
I totally agree with you. You should build your rifle yourself. However, what I wanted, I lacked the machinery to do so. Seeing as careful does have the skills and machinery, its pretty logical to have him build it. Plus I get to learn what he did to get the performance out of the rifle, thus making me a better tech/whatever.

Reactions: Shoushen

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
Strange, my 2 chambers do not have problems. I have been using a PDI and Nineball and I have yet to have any kind of problem. Maybe you have a derpy unit???

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
Mine required some filing, I have a slew of different mags. My JG mags needed them and so did the g&p mags. I don't know what the other brands are that I have but some fit and some needed filing.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
You may need to trim the springs that hold the stoppers. I did and have not seen any issues with mine.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
I would say its your scope as well, I had that problem with their SVD scope. Swore up and down it was the gun, but nope it was all the scope.

The rubber armor probably is not helping with alignment at all either.

Like 1tonne said, try shooting without the scope. Tell us what happens.

Additional Info about that SVD scope:
I did tinker with my SVD scope after evike refused to take it back. So after tinkering failed, I gave it a firm smack with my 20lb re-configurator (AKA: sledgehammer)

Now it looks exactly how it worked! JUNK!

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
Shhh!!!! Stop stealing my mods!! Tis the bestest barrels evar! (I am completely joking. I doubt there will be any that size anyway.)

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
Pull your bucking and take a few pics of the inside of it. I am willing to bet that you have something interfering with it.

On a less serious note, I have been playing around with arrow shaft barrels again.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
apply more tension to your bb stoppers, and check your nozzle to make sure it is not sharp and cutting your bb stoppers.

(The bb stoppers will need to be replaced eventually, however making sure your nozzle is not cutting them will increase the life of them.)

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
I have not really seen anything going for the tapered head. Nothing in noise, maybe a little bit of an fps increase (need to test once my new chrono arrives). It has destroyed my test piston I made from delrin.

I have seen some benefit for using it in lower fps builds, but in high fps its diminishing returns. So far, past 400 it is not really worth it in my experience.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
LOL. If only you fully understood.

Sure you will get an increase in FPS, however you loose compression by doing so. So to counter the loss of compression you use a lighter piston, and/or a bigger spring. Ultimately you are sacrificing heavy weight performance in order to push your bb out faster.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
Just stick with stock. It will help to do a small amount of chamfering on the nozzle, but full cone not really.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.